Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Baiting

Lundy

Getting mature deer to a feeder or bait during daylight shooting hours is just a matter of location determining where they live and pressure. They will not travel a long distance during daylight to come to food. It needs to be very close to their bedroom and they must have a secure path to get to the food.

I have hundreds of daylight photos during hunting seasons. the dates on many of the pictures are wrong. Many of the deer in these pictures are no longer with us. None of them were huge but they were the best available in the area.

Bigcountry40

Jimmy Brown don't you have a buddy in Medina county that lives and dies by corn piles and done pretty well with it? What does he do exactly?

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I went down and filled my gravity feeder up with corn. It's 75 yds from my tower. My brother with health problems is coming down for gun season and I want to try and have him get a deer. He can't walk much so I will take him down a hour or so early with the electric gold cart and drop him off.
When I went down at 1:00 to drop the corn off there were deer feeding in the food plots. The 1 ac. Big N Beastly planting is waist high and the tops and bulbs are being hit hard. The 1/2 ac. forage oats is also grazed off almost 50%. Deer eat damn well here.
So am I baiting deer with food plots I rather think not just feeding them well. But 1st time corn drop is baiting.