Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bait doesn't lie

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
First bait pile of the season and I got 6,237 pics from 12/11 - 12/20. I just dumped 140 more lbs of ear corn and 120 lbs of sugar beets. All of the bucks I've seen survived which is no surprise. I saw at least 8 different bucks, maybe more. Some small and some dandys. Bring on the cold weather!
Here is a short clip of some of the pics.

[video=youtube;NpJRrg6Je5w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpJRrg6Je5w&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Holy balls! Good luck Mike! First buck is one I'd kill in a heartbeat. Just tall and cool looking. The other with tall split brow tines is cool too. Heck, I'd shoot the busted up buck with tall brow tines. Get to it!

Lundy

Now if only you could just hunt from 10 pm til 4 am:D

Nice to know what is in the area, it always helps to keep the attention going even if you aren't seeing them. You could any minute.

buckstar25

T-county
Cool pics, not to hijack but we put out beets 2 weeks ago and the deer literally walk right past them. Same with turnips when we planted them, forage radishes, and any other "deer magnet". Did you cut the beets up or throw them out whole?

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Cool pics, not to hijack but we put out beets 2 weeks ago and the deer literally walk right past them. Same with turnips when we planted them, forage radishes, and any other "deer magnet". Did you cut the beets up or throw them out whole?
I took a machete and cut them up into pieces. I'm told that they will get hit when it gets cold. We'll see I guess. I've never seen a sugar beet before and I was surprised that some were the size of softballs and that they are white and not red. I had no clue.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Nice crop of bucks left over Mike!...do you have any idea how far away they are coming from or where they are bedding? What time are they getting to your bait pile and which direction are they coming from?

Good luck buddy.