Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Back in the groove

Jamie

Ohio
perfect practice makes perfect.

I started shooting again a couple of weeks ago. my neck and shoulder problem is much better now after 6 months of not shooting at all, physical therapy and my ongoing stretching/exercise regimen. and greater caution while I'm working. feeling good and strong again, and my eye is coming back around after only a half dozen practice sessions. I was really struggling at the beginning of last hunting season, so I'm glad to be shooting again without suffering.

Reactions: Isaacorps

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
So far I'm doing pretty darn good. I'm out to 25 now consistently shooting pie plate groups. Form is everything, drop your arm the arrow goes low to the right, pull your bow shoulder the arrow goes left, wrong anchor high/low, crappy release neighbors cat...... errrr.. just kidding on that one.... LOL

Reactions: Isaacorps

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Atta boy Chuck. Keep it rolling!

I'm getting ready to send mine in to Black Widow to have them shave a few pounds off and refinish the whole bow. I'm looking forward to getting it back and slinging some arrows again.

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Still shooting and getting better everyday. I'm out to 30 now. A few weeks ago I played around at 45 and was dropping them in a basketball size group.

I am hitting a bit to the right. I know it's not the spine because I've been shooting these same arrows since 2005. I'm probably dropping my bow arm just a little. I need to work on that, but under 25 it's not much of a problem.

I have a moving target set up. It's one of those Rinehart balls tied to a rope. I swing it back and forth and try to hit it moving. It's WAY more difficult than I thought. It's going to take some time for me to get the hang of that one.

All the shooting has definitely helped me when it comes to bowfishing. I've only been out a few times this year, but I'm not missing even near as much as I used to.

I'm not gonna make the Denton Hill shoot.