Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Athens County Trespasser

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Got this guy on cam walking down our driveway at the cabin. It looks like he is carrying a machete. It's mid-day on a Saturday, maybe he is just stopping by to talk but I don't know him.

IMAG0053.jpg
IMAG0054.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
And work gloves. Makes you wonder what the goober was up to. Not berry picking as he doesn't have a bucket.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Maybe you will have a "cash crop" you can harvest later? I don't know. I don't have a clue about growing weed. lmao

That definitely is odd. Only thing that would make sense with a machete is if was working on a survey crew and was clearing some stuff although anymore they usually use something with a motor. Still shouldn't be walking down your driveway unless he got lost? I would definitely be doing some more digging into the pic. Have any neighbors that may know him?

Maybe you will have a "cash crop" you can harvest later? I don't know. I don't have a clue about growing weed. lmao

Didn't think about that, but that is definitely possible and probably makes the most sense. If the neighbors don't know him, then I would make contact LE to at least make a record of it. I would bring up the possible plant issue. Maybe they can do some more patrols in the area.

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Didn't think about that, but that is definitely possible and probably makes the most sense. If the neighbors don't know him, then I would make contact LE to at least make a record of it. I would bring up the possible plant issue. Maybe they can do some more patrols in the area.

There really aren't what you would call neighbors in the area. My son is a surveyor...that can be ruled out. I already considered cash crop. No evidence yet but if there is some I will find it. I have an "in" with local sheriff detective so I will be contacting him.

joejoe8

Machete's for cutting camera cables and gloves for no finger prints. He must know who he's dealing with. lol! All jokes aside he looks up to no good to me!!

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
A neighbor about a mile away told me a new group of gas well tenders were all over the area on that Saturday. So hopefully that's all it is but there isn't a well anywhere near us.