Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

AR fun day

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I had gotten some 30 caliber 130 gr HP bullets in for the 300 BO AR 15 10.5" pistol. So I loaded up a test magazine a near max velocity and function was 100%. So I loaded up 100 rounds and tested both magazines for 100% function.

Then I misplaced my glock magazines the AR 9 MM pistol. I found 3 replacements and fired all 3 mags for 100% function.

It's hard to beat AR's for price, function and just damn good all around fun. Been shooting AR's since Clinton banned them.

These are my 2 hot and loaded house guns. Can't be over prepared.

The 300 BO AR has a excellent tactical Burris red-green aiming point and will be putting a good light and green day time laser on it.
The 9 MM AR has a red indoor laser on it. Probably going to get a green day time laser later on. As this I consider a close up and dirty firearm.

tpierce

I just built a 300 BO pistol myself. Absolutely love it. Fun to shoot, accurate and compact. Mine too is 10.5" with a shockwave brace. Sounds like you had a great day.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I loaded the other 150 rounds of 130 gr HP for the 300 BO today. That gives me 250 rounds. Time to order more bullets.
I used the Lee Precision 4 hole auto index turret press with Lee 4 dies and Lee auto disk powder measure with adjustable charge bar.
I did a time study of loading 150 rounds and it took me 55 minutes. That one complete round ever 22 seconds with no undo rush. I even used my fingers to put the primers into the priming cup.
Plus I had no rejects of the 150 rounds.
Best semi auto press made bar none and over the last 50 odd years I've owned and used them all. Doing gunshow setups for 31 yrs selling reloading equipment has given me the chance to use everything. I've always went back to a Lee 4 hole turret press and various Dillon press having owned the 450-550-650 and 1050. I still own the Dillon 650 and 1050.
I use the Dillon to load large numbers of rounds after a do my testing on the Lee turret press with the indexing rod removed to make it a single stage press.