Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Anyone using Electronic Ear Muffs for bow hunting?

I've been reading a lot of reviews on the Walker's Electronic Muffs (Ultimate, Razor Slim, Quad Series). There are several different models and then there are Peltor, Howard Leight and many more.
I'm sure if I purchased a pair, that I'd use them for coyote hunting with my shotgun and/or rifle too.

Do any of you use them for amplified hearing, while bow hunting?
What's your opinion? Are they worth using or not?

Thank you, Bowhunter57

Reactions: CJD3

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
In all my years of being gs on forums I cannot recall anyone mentioning using these. As a dealer of tree stands I would often ask if they owned any other lines which we might want to carry. One of them carried some of these. I looked into them. Couldn't see it. I talk to a ton of hunters at shows. Never had a single hunter mention using them. Does it mean they don't work? Absolutely not. Just don't seem real popular.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
My hearing is about 50% and have had deer sneak in on more and more as the years go by. I have the Howard Leight muffs and have thought about this as well....

I like the advance notice of an approaching animal and that was my main purpose in their usage.
Perhaps, a better application would be predator hunting, where a rifle/shotgun is being used during the hunt, for getting answers as to how well they work in the field.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Good question. Like J, I have lost a fair amount of hearing and have wondered about this option.

Blan37

SW Ohio
I have tinnitus and was thinking about getting a similar but cheaper pair off of Amazon. I like the fact that you can use them for shooting too, not just for amplification of normal sounds.

Reactions: "J"