Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Any Trumbull country hunters

jonpgilbert2

New to the site love it. Was wondering how the Trumbull country guys and gals are doing I've been seen small buck cruising the last 2 weeks but no monsters. Would love to hear some reports????

NEOhunter

hey welcome...I'm from trumbull county and I mostly hunt in the northern section of the county. I do most of my hunting at the Grand River Wildlife. I was out last weekend and saw two bucks. 1 small 4 point walking a trail nose down. then 20 minutes later a doe was being chased by a bigger buck. Couldn't tell exact points he was running fast. But I haven't been out as much as i've wanted.

rsmith

I'm over in Geauga/Lake County so I'm by you. Have had a lot of activity going on here with bucks chasing and moving at all hours. I would suggest to get out any time you can. The rest of this week will be hard with the high winds but when it dies down get out there. Best of luck

jonpgilbert2

I can really only be a weekend warrior so fingers crossed I got new property to hunt this week and I saw a big 8 when I was putting out a camera hanging my stand tomorrow hunting it Saturday hope the wind ain't to bad when I hang my set tommorw there calling for up to 54mph wind gust tomorrow

Skeeter81

I hunt Hubbard township and Shenango wildlife area. Lots of small bucks been cruising for about a week now but my cameras are showing my big deer are nocturnal. Also have heard zero grunting, etc. I really think this may be the little amount of property I have permission to. The landowner has neighbors who not only are anti-hunters but just talked to another neighbor last night who insisted on this neighbor spraying stuff so deer won't come near. We also had the WO called on us last night, everything was fine and we were respectful but I found that interesting.

Good luck to ya

jonpgilbert2

I belong to the Hubbard conservation club on my way to are meeting last night had a doe run out and a nice buck good rack in front of me on 304

jonpgilbert2

How's the trumbull county boys doing didn't see anything this morning got new property to hunt it's a old Christmas tree farm been abandoned for about 15 years sweet old lady lives there by herself gave me permission scouted it only to find 3 ladder stands a camera and multiple shooting lane cut for a ground blind. No one is supposed to be on this property. Ugh I hate trespassers their taking advantage of this nice old lady. Only small bucks on the trail cameras. How bout you guys

afhunter

Hey guys. I am coming to Trumbull county in Dec to visit family. Military here and looking to hunt for 2 days. Would appreciate any heads up on deer movement. I know it's late season bow but looking to even whack a doe.