Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Any professional shooters here?

scottofalltrades

I figured that would get y'alls attention.

I bought a Bear Cruzer this year. I thought I had it sighted in pretty well and haven't worried about it since the season started. I finally got around to getting some practice in today and I am consistently getting impacts about 5 inches left of point of aim. I applied some good ol' Kentucky windage and was able to match point of aim to point of impact.

My question for you professionals would be what to do if I run out of room on my sight for adjustment. I looked at moving the sight to the other side of the grip, but the quiver is actually screwed to the sight. I've attached some pictures to give you an idea of what I'm talking about.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
If you are that far out then you need to get it tuned. Your center shot is off more than likely. You could walk back tune

scottofalltrades

If you are that far out then you need to get it tuned. Your center shot is off more than likely. You could walk back tune
I think I will try the walk back tune. I got all day tomorrow. I can knock out up to 20 yards in my yard and then head to the range. I wonder if the rest is what has me maxing out my sight adjustment? Appreciate the suggestion, I'll let you know how it goes.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
What is your bow specs and arrow specs out of curiosity.. I only ask because if a shop sent you out that far out I'm betting a few other things are wrong too

scottofalltrades

What is your bow specs and arrow specs out of curiosity.. I only ask because if a shop sent you out that far out I'm betting a few other things are wrong too
Actually they didn't have a bowtech in that day and my work schedule just hasn't lined up to getting one in there. It shot great out the box and at one point I went to adjust my rest my daughter leaned in to see what I was doing and hit my arm. That gave me about a half inch adjustment!

Got the rest back in (I thought) and put a field tip an inch into my arrow courtesy of a cinder block wall. That's what I get for shooting on my lunch break at work haha.

TLDR, it is my fault if that's what is wrong, which it sounds like it is.

scottofalltrades

Forgot to answer your question. 60#s, 27" draw. Walmart special arrows (Allen Eliminator 400) at 382 grain with tip and Carbon Express terminators that I would have to find the specs on.

Last edited:

matthew

Wayne County
I would say it's the rest I would try and get things squared back up ..and also are you seeing any whip in your arrows in flight that's a sign your rest is to far out or in

scottofalltrades

I would say it's the rest I would try and get things squared back up ..and also are you seeing any whip in your arrows in flight that's a sign your rest is to far out or in
I'm not really seeing any whip, but I wasn't particularly looking for it. I'll check tomorrow before making any changes.

On a different note, has anyone ever used the slow motion camera on their phone to look over their form?