Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Antler xmas tree

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I've struggle the last few seasons with treestand storage. I have a pickup with no bed cover. I normally just leave it in the bed, but would like to keep it dry, and secure. The obvious solution would be to put it in the cab, but I'm also a stickler for scent control. So what I've decided is to keep it in a bag inside the cab of my truck with a scent cover waffer. Right now I'm using a large heavy duty trash bag, but it's a pain to slide the stand into the bag. I'm looking for a bag I can lay flat on the ground with a zipper. I can simply drop the stand in and zip up. Something like a oversized duffle. It doesn't have to be completely air tight as I think the cover secnts will take care of any slight infiltration. The stand is a lw sit + climb. So needs to be probably a minimum of 34" long 23" wide and I'd like 12" tall to accommodate my back pack as well.... anyone know of anything like this?

Welcome to the TOO site. Stay and join in.
IMHO you maybe over thinking the tree stand storage a little. I would just leave it in the truck bed and cover with a tarp.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
What Frank said. Hell I leave my millennium in the garage until I'm ready to use it, a fresh coat of smoke and it's ready to roll.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Tonneau cover or a cap on the bed will cover both issues. Like frank said, seems a little overkill on the scent control of the stand as metal doesn’t really collect scent and the fabric part can be sprayed down with a scent control spray or smoked to do away with any scent on them.