Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

An Incredible Day

twireman

Kingston, OH
Congrats Huck. Great write up and pictures. Also just goes to show what an awesome group of guys we have on this site. Thanks to all who helped Huck in this endeavor.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Very Nice Steve! Congrats!
As I have said, You've come a long way. Well done and a great memory.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Nice work brother. Great read as well. It's great to see you enjoying success with a bow. How do those old OS bow hater words taste now?!? lmao

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Puking from the stand is hilarious......way to not give up and stay in the tree.

Congratulations Huck and that was a good write up as well! You are officially hooked now.....good luck on getting a buck now.

I'm especially glad to hear you didn't have to chase them down and dispatch with a knife:smiley_crocodile:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Congratulations, Huck! I think I speak for everyone here when I say that I'm proud of you. You've certainly come a very long way in the past couple of years.... I'm glad to see you're finally enjoying bowhunting to the fullest. Keep the confidence rolling, dude... lots of season left... who knows, maybe you'll get your first archery buck this year TOO!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Finally got a chance to read your story Huck! Very glad I did! First off, congrats for the double doe day! Great write up TOO! Now your hooked on bowhunting deer! Nothing like it!

I had to laugh to myself when I read the barfing out of the treestand though! You outta market it some how, "Deer Chunks" or something!lmao

Huckleberry Finn

Just granola and water. Pineapple the night before I think is what did it, and stew from the very last bit of last year's deer.

---

Both of my ladies are in the freezer now. Home processed, I forget how many packages, but around 60 pounds of venison. That's good stuff right there.