Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Amazon ads slowing down load speed?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The last couple weeks I've noticed when I'm using the desktop version of TOO the load speed of the pages is pretty slow. Not quite to the point that it's painful, but awful close. Approximately a 4-second wait each time you click on a new page/thread/etc. I have only tried it using Google Chrome but I have tried it on multiple networks. Only happens using the desktop version, not with tapatalk.

Anyway, not a huge deal for me since I use tapatalk 90% of the time, but figured it was worth mentioning in case it was going unnoticed. There's a chance it could discourage new traffic to the site.

Attachments

• TOO_Slow_Load.jpg
    TOO_Slow_Load.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 472

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Interesting Jim. I'll look in to it. I use Firefox and it loads fine. I'll check it in chrome and see what happens. The pages shouldn't wait for the ad as the ad should load independent.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Interesting Jim. I'll look in to it. I use Firefox and it loads fine. I'll check it in chrome and see what happens. The pages shouldn't wait for the ad as the ad should load independent.
Yea, I thought it was strange because it just kind of came out of nowhere a few weeks ago. Hell, maybe it's my computer. I haven't tried on any other machine.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Here is what I mean. Here is a screenshot of the same Forum you were trying to load.

In the first screenshot the content of the page has completely loaded yet neither of the ads have.

In the second screenshot the content has fully loaded as well as the Google ad, while the Amazon ad has not yet loaded.

In the third screenshot that page is fully loaded with content and both ads

Screenshot_20170609-091449.jpg