Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Am I wrong for doi g this.

angelzd28

That's crazy, you want TOO hear something even crazier, Kimble Company just paid 1.7 million for 100 acres in Tusc County right of RT 39. They auctioned off the 8 or so parcels and then at the end Kimble's just bid over everyone for the extra 10% or so and took the whole property. I couldn't believe it when my dad told me, 17,000 an acre. Land is getting ridiculous in Ohio!!

Bigcountry40

That's insane Zach.... They the trash company? If so what's their agenda?

They own a bunch of land next to the property I hunt in Tusc, we are surrounded by Holmes Limestone, Kimble and Willow Brook Coal (which is basically now a timber company). Kimble leases property but the amish gobble up anything available and will used their entire family tree to literally take over a lease.

The price of land in eastern Ohio has skyrocketed. Especially land in the shale drilling areas. When I bought my property in 2006 I paid less than $800 an acre. The property already had a driveway in and electric on site. Perfect for what I had planned. Today vacant land is going for $4000+ an acre in my area. I assumed land in that area would go down in price. My thought was people would sell the land cheap, keep the mineral rights and move to other locations. Looks like I was wrong again.

Bigcountry40

If Hillary is elected and Republicans lose the house or senate, fracking will basically become outlawed and should bring down land values. Which I don't want, but it may actually benefit people like me looking for land.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
LOL.

Fellas. Land doesn't lose value for long. People are idiots. They all thinks their land has minerals under it worth $10K an acre and good luck convincing them otherwise. And plenty of people with money will buy it.

angelzd28

Yeah land is good investment, Yeah J, its the trash company. The land they bought is right next to there landfill.

Bigcountry, you must hunt close to me, my FIL's land butts up to Holmes and Kimble as well, although I'm not familiar with Willowbrook.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Yeah land is good investment, Yeah J, its the trash company. The land they bought is right next to there landfill.

Bigcountry, you must hunt close to me, my FIL's land butts up to Holmes and Kimble as well, although I'm not familiar with Willowbrook.
Willowbrook coal company

Bigcountry40

How close are you to stonecreek?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
When I went to school at MATC in Zanesville back between 1980-1982 I had a friend I met in my class who was from Stonecreek. His dad was the vetinarian in the area at the time. Last name was Siferland(spelling is ?) lol

Last edited:

yoderboys230@gmail.com

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm Amish too, but I can't compete with these furniture makers. I hunt public land and I guarantee everything I kill is done without fooplots and cornpiles. Plus I don't hunt well with others. :) :) I just talked to a guy recently leased 140 Acres from Kimble, but he had to combine with 8 others so he could afford it. WHAT A JOKE!!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Yeah I know what you mean. I'm Amish too, but I can't compete with these furniture makers. I hunt public land and I guarantee everything I kill is done without fooplots and cornpiles. Plus I don't hunt well with others. :) :) I just talked to a guy recently leased 140 Acres from Kimble, but he had to combine with 8 others so he could afford it. WHAT A JOKE!!
Amish on a computer?