Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Allen County

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Took my daughter out tonight to check a trail camera. Found zero scrapes, one rub, and 2 guys nosing around. One property owner says they gave zero permission to anyone new. I know who already has permission. Myself and a neighbor kid.

087 (1280x960).jpg088 (1280x960).jpg

After this stop I was frustrated. Decided to drive over to my property and check it out. I have not hunted it all year. Last week (or maybe 2 weeks ago) I had to chase a guy off the property. He told me of one other guy he chased off when he was still under the assumption my property was part of my neighbor's property which he has permission on. Okay. So I have stayed out, yet there are 2 others hunting it anyway. Makes sense right?

So I check the camera. Here are two goobers I have to deal with. I just freaking love it. (Sense the sarcasm?) I guess it is time to start hunting my property. Sadly, I will only be hunting it in efforts to keep the trespassers out. I have heard rumors of a "decent buck" but have nothing on trail camera but a fork horn, some does, some fawns, and trespassers.

145 (1280x960).jpg131 (1280x960).jpg130 (1280x960).jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I wish we had a season on trespassers! They'd be right next to yotes on the extermination list.

Sorry to hear this Phil, flat out stress that's not needed and cuts into your OWN hunting time.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
This really sucks Phil!! It really amazes me how disrespectful some douchebags can be, I guarantee they know they are not supposed to be there and have already thought out their response if caught, I ran off the same guy two years in a row on our grandmothers property and he used the same story both years, thought he was on the neighbors property! He must have forgot about me showing him the property lines the year before when I caught him!!!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Really really sucks Hicks. Total shame we have to deal with this on property we own. Hope you can "educate" them on the boundaries.

Ironic you mention this. I did educate one guy a couple weeks ago. Happened to know him. He was truly mistaken on the boundaries. Neighbor has been in the hospital. Neighbor's wife showed him the property but mainly just pointed and told him since she doesn't get around well. She had told him all MY woods was theirs. lol Wrong. Straightened this guy out and he has informed me about some of the trespassing as well as called me to tell me about a buck he saw. Our first impression wasn't good but since talking, he has become an asset to me.

Now comes this garbage. Last night Erin's cousin PM'd me on FB. We chatted for a bit. He was wanting to take his boy squirrel hunting this weekend. I said "I have just the place for you." lmao

I will put all the extra eyes in there I can. I don't care at this point. He can squirrel hunt it every weekend unless my kids and I will be in there (or my foreman and his kids).

badger

*Supporting Member*
A few years ago, I had the landowner's son take me all over some property showing me where the beaver were they wanted me to trap. I came back during season to find quad tracks and traps. I drove over a mile back into the woods, and drug LOTS of gear in a sled, and got stuck a few times. Wasted a whole day in the process. That evening I called the landowner and was told I was the one trespassing. His son had me all over the neighbor's property. I felt like such an ass.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I gotcha Badger. I know it can happen. The guy I talked to was misinformed but like I said, he has become an asset. The two guys on the neighbor's property? I don't know. One neighbor said nobody new has permission. Still need to contact the other neighbor.

My property? Flat out disrespectful douche bag. It is well marked. He simply doesn't care.

Mike R

*Supporting Member*
The problem you have is. There are a lot of people out there that think they are entitled to do what ever they want. I have the same problem down this way Phil. I Hate dealing with shit like that it takes the fun out of it. Look at the good side at least they didn't steal your camera. LOL

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The problem you have is. There are a lot of people out there that think they are entitled to do what ever they want. I have the same problem down this way Phil. I Hate dealing with shit like that it takes the fun out of it. Look at the good side at least they didn't steal your camera. LOL

Yet.