Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

All day sit...

Biggest thing for those all day sits is to have the right treestand in place. Most of our stands now have a sling style seat or at least seats with arm rails along the side....mostly for comfort but also for that just in case if you do doze off you won't go anywhere.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Biggest thing for those all day sits is to have the right treestand in place. Most of our stands now have a sling style seat or at least seats with arm rails along the side....mostly for comfort but also for that just in case if you do doze off you won't go anywhere.

I don't think I could sit all day in a stand without arm rails.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Yeah, comfort is a must.
I have one of those old cheap ladder stands that is basically just a seat. I put homemade rails on it just to help a little, but it's still a 2 hour max seat. Fugger kills your back.
My all day spots have the good seats.

Treed

Stark County

I love my viper for this reason. I mean, it's light, it's stable, goes up and down fairly quickly and quietly.....but if I fall asleep in it (and I usually do at some point) I know I wont fall out of it. I have had a couple experiences when I drifted off to sleepy time, and had my head drop to one side or the other jarring me out of my slumber and found myself looking straight down 20' to the forest floor. For about a half second, you're wondering where the heck you are. Lol.

Buckmaster

Portage
I'm usually back indoors between 11 am and 2pm, grabbing a bite to eat, relaxing in comfort, warming back up, and taking a power nap.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
So much for the saturday plan. My daughter has to work saturday morning. I can hunt till about 9:00 but then I have to take her to work and sit with brailynn till the wife gets home after 3 before i can get back out. Always something ya know.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
since the cabin is right on the property, I normally hunt till it gets slow, run in do what I gotta do relax, regroup, plan for evening.

If I kill one I do, if not I want to enjoy myself while Im hunting.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I find more often than not when I do an all day sit I don't hunt the next morning. I try to get down around noon. Grab a bite to eat. Take a power nap, and back at I by 2.

buckstar25

T-county
I sit all day whenever it can, and that is usually my vacation. First week of November for me. No way I could do it without food and drink though! I never get bored, I take a camera. And my Lone Wolf is a necessity, the bar swivels and is just the perfect height, doubles as an arm rest.

I have a ritual, and am pretty superstitious when it comes to hunting all day. I have snack time, which consists of (in order)PB and J, a whatchamacallit, apple and a pepsi. That's around 9:00, I can't tell you the last time I haven't seen a deer at snack time....

Lunch is noonish, usually Bologna sammich, chips, and another whatchamacallit and Grape powerade in my camelbak.

Afternoon snack, another whatchamacallit to finish the day.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
all day sits are not easy unless you are seeing deer and comfortable. I take a book to read, some food, water, extry can of chew. I don't do it very often, but I'm almost always prepared to stay in a stand all day, just in case Bullwinkle lays down 30 yards from me at 11 in the morning.

Put some wheels on that thing, kill him dead at 30yds, and get busy hunting squirrels. :) Just trying to help.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I find more often than not when I do an all day sit I don't hunt the next morning. I try to get down around noon. Grab a bite to eat. Take a power nap, and back at I by 2.

exactly what I do. If I sit all day, I am burnt out the next morning, and by time you see you huntin buddy that night the beers seem to flow a bit too good after sitting 12 hours straight. With that break, and power nap, I feel ready to rock.