Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Action cameras

motorbreaker

*Supporting Member I*
North of Toledo
Anyone use a action camera? I'm thinking I might want one but don't know much about them. Gopro
seems to be a good one. My biggest question is how and where I would mount one. I use a crossbow with a red dot and a 870 with a scope.
Any information would be great.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I would roll with the GoPro if you get one. From all I have seen, they really have the market cornered. There are a ton of ways to mount it as well.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm looking for a action cam also. The one I tried the last 2 yrs. is junk.
The ProGo looks great. And the handlebar mount looks like it will mount on a scope with at least some plastic spacers.
Does anyone one on here use the ProGo camera? If not what does someone use?

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm going to be in the market for a GoPro... have a lot of friends with them and footage is AWESOME!

Do any of them mount it on the Bow or use a head mount? I'm thinking of mounting it on the stabilizer or on the scope on a ML rifle.

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
I would also say your best option is the GOPRO. There are so many different ways you can use it. You can get a mounting bracket to mount it to your scope or red dot either pointing at the animal or back at you. There are other brackets where you can mount it in a blind or on a stand. You can also have it away from you where you think your shot will be and turn it on and off if you get the remote. The footage is really good TOO!

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
They also have a suction cup bracket that you can attach to your windshield and film while you are driving to your spot or you can put the suction cup right on your truck and film driving down the road...this is pretty sweet!