Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A buck I called Christmas Tree

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
man this thing blew up i was gone for a few days and come back too this lol, i got some good laughs and be leave were all on the same page. and by the way american sniper is a great movie.

I guess I just don't get it....I don't get the banning part...... :smiley_confused_vra ......I mean he would just disappear soon for another month anyways!! :smiley_clap:

That's enough time to write a new article explaining that deer actually lose their antlers and he has found them for proof so other people can too.... :smiley_chinrub:

themedic

OHIO
Medic,
Seeing how you have kinda become the "ohiobooners" of TOO, the best thing you could probably do is admit your activity on here has been less than subpar, contribute positively, and move forward on a good note. The regulars on here would let it go if you did that. If you can't own up and do that and make some changes, peacing out of here is probably your best option.

I've did that. I've owned up to not being much of a contributor. Since then I stop by occasionally and post when I see something that tickles my fancy. Saying quote "He never posts here unless he can promote himself or something he's involved with." is a bunch of BS. Just look at my post history and that is a false statement. I admit when I was on the TP staff I used this place to pimp and promote. Since I was told that is was not liked I have not done that a single time. The issue with the scent smoker…never even knew that ruffled feathers. Guess I could have gave Brock a plug for his product but it never crossed my mind. Then their is the issue with "stealing" the shed antler trap idea….IMO that was a great blog I wrote. I did a google search and took the images that best fit what I was trying to see and put together a conglomerate of ideas….I had no idea I "stole" someones image from TOO.

The reality is, this goes back a long, long time and I can't change the minds of the masses here. If the leadership starts a lynch mob then the flock will follow. This post started out with congrats and got steered of course as soon as Jesse bashed me….thats all it took and I was fair game. Whats wrong with a guy only posting occasionally and sharing his harvest….why is that ego stroking? I'm not the douche canoe I'm painted out to be….I'll see ya at the next TOO function.

Last edited:

themedic

OHIO
Actually i believe two years ago his paying clients killed nothing. At least thier guide killed "the shocker" in his rookie season of guiding paying clients. Last year his paying clients were able to kill a few dinkers. Not sure what the guide was able to get. Just wanted to see the type of good bone this boneracres has produced for thier paying clients......if any since being established. All that I see is him pumping his ego on every site like this that he can get free advertising. This back fire thread reminds me of his 1000 inches of antler in one season thread that he had on archery talk. He was not part of one single inch but used it as a way to pump boneracres.

Flathead, you've been on my case for a long time. I'm not sure why? Can you please explain why you have such a problem with my guide service. I've ran 6 total guys in 3 years. One father/son group 3 years in a row. Another group of two that has been return clients.

The father is 70 years old and has stage 4 lung cancer. It's a struggle just to get him a a decent spot….they have not shot a single deer in the 3 years they have hunted with me but they keep coming back. I think that says something! The others have done pretty well. You may call theses DINKS but careful what you're saying…I'm sure many on TOO would be happy to shoot these bucks and so were these paying clients. Not everyone that hunts is after a 140, 150,160 or 170. But I assure you these guys saw some mature bucks (Christmas Tree was in one of my clients lap this year, somehow he escaped). In the end my hunters shoot what they hopefully are happy with. If they are happy…I'm happy.

Now this post will probably be seen as "ego stroking" and "self loathing" because it's about my guide service (go figure I would post about things that involve me; SHOCKING CONCEPT) But I wasn't going to let this slide with out comment and pics that flathead has been asking for on every forum I frequent. How many people call these dinks? It took me killing 7 or 8 bucks this size before I moved on to being a trophy hunter. It's the evolution of a hunter. I don't judge people for what they shoot. Conversely…if it doesn't tickle my fancy I won't post about it either.

Corey I don't really know you much other than what I've seen here now and then. After looking back I can see where you have posted in other's threads and given some effort to lend a comment when you had time. As far as your time here and frequency of posting, I can understand when a person has things that keep them away from forums. Family, work and life in general can get in the way. Not feeling as if you are welcome is another. So I won't say anything about your time here and whether you are a quality poster for the growth of the forum.

I don't care for the bashing part of it but I can understand many's frustration when you claim you "didn't know" when it came to the Scent Smoker and that you were stealing someone's picture as you stated above. Those little instances of "not knowing" are what can define you here and elsewhere as being self serving. You clearly do have a knack for writing and I enjoy what you have written in the past, however there is one thing you are missing. I learned back in the days of technical report writing in college, give credit where credit is due and namely if it isn't something of YOUR OWN experience you need to state where you got the information from. Call it naming references, call it naming your sources, etc. By not giving that credit it gives people the impression you will do anything to give yourself that pat on the back and there is no way you can do that without it negatively impacting your reputation. One thing I've learned through life is once you tarnish your reputation you will always be under a microscope. People may forgive but most won't forget. That's the nature of the beast and until you look from the outside-in and evaluate what so many are telling you, you will continue to struggle to get your peer's respect. Maybe you had a lapse in judgement maybe you don't give two shits what others think and you will do what you have to do to get your name out there. I don't know, but after all of the 'calling you out' that has been done here it's obvious that your actions from here forward will certainly show us the kind of person you are.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Fair enough.

Corey I don't really know you much other than what I've seen here now and then. After looking back I can see where you have posted in other's threads and given some effort to lend a comment when you had time. As far as your time here and frequency of posting, I can understand when a person has things that keep them away from forums. Family, work and life in general can get in the way. Not feeling as if you are welcome is another. So I won't say anything about your time here and whether you are a quality poster for the growth of the forum.

I don't care for the bashing part of it but I can understand many's frustration when you claim you "didn't know" when it came to the Scent Smoker and that you were stealing someone's picture as you stated above. Those little instances of "not knowing" are what can define you here and elsewhere as being self serving. You clearly do have a knack for writing and I enjoy what you have written in the past, however there is one thing you are missing. I learned back in the days of technical report writing in college, give credit where credit is due and namely if it isn't something of YOUR OWN experience you need to state where you got the information from. Call it naming references, call it naming your sources, etc. By not giving that credit it gives people the impression you will do anything to give yourself that pat on the back and there is no way you can do that without it negatively impacting your reputation. One thing I've learned through life is once you tarnish your reputation you will always be under a microscope. People may forgive but most won't forget. That's the nature of the beast and until you look from the outside-in and evaluate what so many are telling you, you will continue to struggle to get your peer's respect. Maybe you had a lapse in judgement maybe you don't give two shits what others think and you will do what you have to do to get your name out there. I don't know, but after all of the 'calling you out' that has been done here it's obvious that your actions from here forward will certainly show us the kind of person you are.

Buckmaster

Portage
The water is over the dam and tomorrow is a new day.

Now let's talk about what we all love....and that's deer and deer hunting......that's the reason we're all here.

:smiley_bestfriends:
:smiley_chitchat:
:smiley_cheers:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
The water is over the dam and tomorrow is a new day.

Now let's talk about what we all love....and that's deer and deer hunting......that's the reason we're all here.

:smiley_bestfriends:
:smiley_chitchat:
:smiley_cheers:

Agreed. Snoke did his dime. The past is the past and today is today. Water under the bridge.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
I've did that. I've owned up to not being much of a contributor. Since then I stop by occasionally and post when I see something that tickles my fancy. Saying quote "He never posts here unless he can promote himself or something he's involved with." is a bunch of BS. Just look at my post history and that is a false statement. I admit when I was on the TP staff I used this place to pimp and promote. Since I was told that is was not liked I have not done that a single time. The issue with the scent smoker…never even knew that ruffled feathers. Guess I could have gave Brock a plug for his product but it never crossed my mind. Then their is the issue with "stealing" the shed antler trap idea….IMO that was a great blog I wrote. I did a google search and took the images that best fit what I was trying to see and put together a conglomerate of ideas….I had no idea I "stole" someones image from TOO.

The reality is, this goes back a long, long time and I can't change the minds of the masses here. If the leadership starts a lynch mob then the flock will follow. This post started out with congrats and got steered of course as soon as Jesse bashed me….thats all it took and I was fair game. Whats wrong with a guy only posting occasionally and sharing his harvest….why is that ego stroking? I'm not the douche canoe I'm painted out to be….I'll see ya at the next TOO function.

First, please specify what you mean by "I'll see ya at the next TOO function." I am curious as to what you mean. You took my post and responded to it about many other issues you are having on here that are not pertaining to what I wrote. I made a joke about you being "ohiobooners" of TOO because you are getting blasted on here like that dude on AT. I offered suggestions about moving forward positively on here, and I am the one you are coming at ?

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
First, please specify what you mean by "I'll see ya at the next TOO function." I am curious as to what you mean. You took my post and responded to it about many other issues you are having on here that are not pertaining to what I wrote. I made a joke about you being "ohiobooners" of TOO because you are getting blasted on here like that dude on AT. I offered suggestions about moving forward positively on here, and I am the one you are coming at ?
Maybe I'm mistaken but I took it as he was simply stating he'd be at the next function to prove he's not in fact a "douche canoe." I don't think he was trying to threaten anyone.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Maybe I'm mistaken but I took it as he was simply stating he'd be at the next function to prove he's not in fact a "douche canoe." I don't think he was trying to threaten anyone.
Maybe your right JB, that could be taken a couple ways, that's why I asked to specify. Lol.

themedic

OHIO
This is exactly what I meant…..deff not a threat. I was at the summer bash near salt fork??? last summer, met a lot of nice guys. Wish I could have made Strouds this past fall but was out of town on a muley hunt.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't go to other forums. Sounds like there is a pattern with your posts. That said, you did your time and hopefully realize the points people were trying to make. Mao is not an every day poster here nor is Flathead76. They opened my eyes to some stuff. That said, People make mistakes. We are human. True character in my opinion is defined by how we react to them. I don't mind screwing up or putting my foot in my mouth. I get upset with myself when I don't learn from it. TOO is a very open and inviting forum whether resident or NR, occasional contributor or daily poster, meat hunter or trophy hunter, squirrel hunter or fisherman. Time to move forward.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
i don't know you at all. I have enjoyed your posts on a few forms, and enjoying seeing the big bucks you've killed. I have never got caught up into the drama. With that being said, seems like some things you've done intentionally or not insulted people.

Also I was a young guy who came into these forums, I stuck my foot in my mouth, had Fed up ideas, and probably just pissed people off. I learned from my mistakes, and I also feel that many folks on here now think I am an alright guy.

Point is....past is the past, and lots of good guys on TOO. Shitll buff out! I hope you can continue to contribute!

Last edited:

themedic

OHIO
Just got him back from the taxi. Honestly was a little disapointed. The mount looks great as John Garren from Pine Ridge Taxidermy always does but a narrow buck just simply is not as impressive as a wide buck. Regardless, happy to have him on the wall. My wife isn't too happy about me hanging him in the living room but he'll go in the man cave / lodge as soon as I've looked at him enough.