Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

A buck I called Christmas Tree

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I should have worded that better... I've learned to appreciate the uniqueness of all whitetail antlers. And this one is unique. I've got a couple of unique ones too, one of which I know was 6.5 as I'd known him since he was 2.5. His antlers changed, for the "worse" but it was still the same deer.

Looks great Corey! I have a buck on the wall we dubbed ugly 8. He was a mature buck just not a text book 8. I agree with Brock I like them all some just have more of a wow factor.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Congrats on the buck and the mount is cool. Scrolled back through the last couple pages and have to also congratulate you on sticking around and making an attempt to be civil. Looking forward to hearing about your hunting this year and hope you have a great season.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks fine there to me. Leave it there long enough and the complaints become less frequent. Then suddenly there are 4 in there. Next thing you know you are Boarhead and have more critters in your house than the taxidermist. lmao Congrats.

The mount looks nice. Compare it to your pictures of the buck after you killed him and I can see quite a bit of difference in the mount itself. Looks like the form could have been much more filled out to get it closer to what he was. Perhaps the hide shrunk too much IDK. One of those things though, you just never know what the taxi is looking at or thinking when putting it together.

themedic

OHIO
The mount looks nice. Compare it to your pictures of the buck after you killed him and I can see quite a bit of difference in the mount itself. Looks like the form could have been much more filled out to get it closer to what he was. Perhaps the hide shrunk too much IDK. One of those things though, you just never know what the taxi is looking at or thinking when putting it together.

I cut the Cape on one of the legs a little short on this guy, he may have downsized the form a little to help with that. On my last two deer I specifically asked for a smaller form, I think they look better than a swollen neck, filled out form.....not sure if I told him to do it on this buck or not.