Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

3 Minute Track Job - NO Blood!!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That is awesome! I think it would almost be more fun and rewarding to have a tracking dog and go out to help others find their deer. I hate to think of how many go to waste that could be found.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My uncle has a wirehaired dachshund from a premier deer-tracking bloodline (New York) and she is amazing. He and my cousin travel around quite a bit during deer season helping hunters find their deer.

rlh813

I trained a bloodhound that is now 13 months old and has done far better than I expected. He to likes to clean up the entrance and exit holes of the shot and also likes to bite at the hind quarters.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
They make good squirrel dogs too...just sayin lol.

Close to 20 years ago, we had a dachshund and she was continuously after squirrels. (No hunting on our part, just on her own) Took her over 3 years, but she finally caught one. I let her eat the whole thing. She was so proud!

WoodCoDep

BARTLETT, OH
if my dachsund wasn't such a butthole he probably could be a good tracker..i do know i'll never own another one and wish I could get rid of him..most stubborn, jealous, and jackassed dog i've ever met lol

Big H

Medina
if my dachsund wasn't such a butthole he probably could be a good tracker..i do know i'll never own another one and wish I could get rid of him..most stubborn, jealous, and jackassed dog i've ever met lol

Buckmaster is looking for one for his kids... Give him a call, maybe he will take it

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Could have used that little guy a few times myself!!!! Look at the time it saved on the recovery. The shooter said it went right so after you round up some guys and head out the next day they would have been going the wrong direction right away as the deer went left!!!! AWESOME!!!!

Buckmaster

Portage
Buckmaster is looking for one for his kids... Give him a call, maybe he will take it

Actually, this got my wheel's turning. Only if you guys can save me up the last few frozen quarts of good clean deer blood for the balance of this season.

My daughter's birthday is May 5th. She will be Nine so an early March dropped Dachshund would be ideal so by Sept the dog would be 6 months old and ready to begin some stiff training come bow season.

With a nine year old girl, the dog should last about ten years placing my daughter in her college years.

Just say'n.

themedic

OHIO
I had a client shoot a buck this year and we hired a guy from Big Pine Outfitters in Laurellville to come track it with his Dotson. The dog did a good job but once the deer left our property I could not get permission to keep tracking it. Didn't look like a lethal hit but I guess we will never know. It's funny to see those little wiener dogs jumping over logs in the woods.