Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2018 Buckeye Football Thread

tracker 6

In a thicket
Burrows "s mistake was going OSU,they were not going to run the offense that would suit a qb with his skill set.I'm sure he got good coaching and a good place to workout and practice, now it's for real.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
ten transfers is a little disconcerting. seems like a lot.
if Joe Burrow wins that Heisman trophy, I'll eat my favorite hunting hat.

Top recruiting class the past 7 years running will do that. Nothing big.

Jamie

Ohio
The way you cook it’d probably be pretty good 😂 👨‍🍳

I don't know how to cook KOM wool...

I'll be anxious to see Joe Burrow play, and I'll root for him. He didn't win the job at OSU because he wasn't the best man for the job. those coaches get paid big money for good reason, and they have to make decisions based on what they see everyday in practice. I'm willing to trust in that.

Reactions: "J" and 5Cent

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Exactly. Why would you guys want Urban to trot out a pro style QB when he doesnt run a pro style offense? Truth be told, I couldnt care less if Urbans plane crashed tomorrow, but he's 1 of the greatest college coaches ever. He'll play whoever he can trust to run his offense the best. Burrow should never have went to play for him, it was stupid

WTF Not go play for the school you dreamed you'd play for and get recruited and offered a full ride? Maybe I missed something Red but I think you don't know all the details behind JB and OSU/Meyers. Either way like Ric said I think you all missed our point of wanting to see a local boy get an opportunity. I still love my Bucks but for the next 2 seasons I'll be putting all my attention to Burrows at LSU!
I get wanting to go to your dream school. But all you gotta do is look at what Meyer has run his whole career and realize it aint beneficial for Burrows skillset. It needs to be a business decision for someone like JB. It was bad business going to OSU if he had NFL aspirations. First of all, Meyer QB's dont succeed in NFL if they even make it. Second, he could get a great education at a lot of schools.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Exactly. Why would you guys want Urban to trot out a pro style QB when he doesnt run a pro style offense? Truth be told, I couldnt care less if Urbans plane crashed tomorrow, but he's 1 of the greatest college coaches ever. He'll play whoever he can trust to run his offense the best. Burrow should never have went to play for him, it was stupid

This jives with what dad and I talked about. It was never a good fit football wise, just "dream" wise. IMO, a little of this rests on JB and his decision to go to a system that doesn't fit him. I still think he should have seen some more game time to see how it shook out, but it's not all UM's fault IMO.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
This jives with what dad and I talked about. It was never a good fit football wise, just "dream" wise. IMO, a little of this rests on JB and his decision to go to a system that doesn't fit him. I still think he should have seen some more game time to see how it shook out, but it's not all UM's fault IMO.

That train goes both ways though. Why would UM sign a QB that obviously didn't fit his style just to bench they guy.

Reactions: aholdren

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
That train goes both ways though. Why would UM sign a QB that obviously didn't fit his style just to bench they guy.

Did they see something in him that they thought they could groom and make him a more well rounded QB? And he just didn’t adapt to it?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Its added depth. Depth that is hard to find and keep.
True. A freshman QB who rarely got to play and had a totally different style than Bamas starting QB pulled out a miracle and won them the National Championship last year. Depth is critical.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Prolly signed him to keep the other conference teams from signing him, especially UM and PSU.

JB still succeeded and beat all the others in the stats in each of the past two spring games by throwing the damn football and letting his skill players around him shine and do their thing like a QB should do, otherwise WTF would any top talented WR,TE or athletic skill player come here in the first place? Yes, I agree with UM’s system isn’t geared exactly for his prostyle talent but it worked in the spring game every damn time but it was all for not. Why even have the stupid game if the best players don’t get rewarded if they shine better.
I’m done arguing my point. We’ll see how it goes from here.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm hearing some great things about our young DEs and that we may not miss Hubbard after all. Also saw a write up on CB Jeffery Okudah the other day that was really complimentary. Expected 1st rounder in the secondary is always welcome to those of us that suffered through the Tressel era!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I'm hearing some great things about our young DEs and that we may not miss Hubbard after all. Also saw a write up on CB Jeffery Okudah the other day that was really complimentary. Expected 1st rounder in the secondary is always welcome to those of us that suffered through the Tressel era!

I agree Jesse. Watch Chase Young blow up this year! Kid is UNREAL AND A
BEAST! With Nick Boza on the other side LOOK OUT!!! Hope our secondary can cover better than just face guarding all the damn time. Like to see them go back to basics now that Kerry Commbs is gone!