Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2017 Random shed thread

Fletch

Supporting Member
My friend out in Illinois went to check his cows and found this matching set about 3 ft. apart.... They weren't there yesterday so must have dropped last night or early this morning... He also checked a cam and said there were several shed heads on it....

2018 sheds.jpg

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Great finds for sure Rich, congratulations to your friend.

A friend found a roadkill buck this past week about 8 miles from my house that popped its sheds off that were laying right next to the body. It’s that time of year.

Fletch

Supporting Member
We had a ton of nice bucks on cam this year that to the best of my knowledge were not harvested. So I'm biting at the bit to get back out there and do some shed hunting. Last year we went out the 1st of March and found 1 shed, as they were still holding tight. Thinking maybe around the 15th of March this year.

Jamie

Ohio
I don't really shed hunt. I keep my eye open for them when I'm squirrel hunting in late January and when I'm collecting tree stands and scouting after the season ends. Today I went to look at some acreage that I was interested in buying for deer and squirrel hunting.

Lots of thick cover with several ATV trails cut and a very thick power line, lots of thick cover in general and a small amount of decent timber. too much thick cover, really. Not much good for squirrel hunting. In an hour and a half of walking, I saw three sets of deer tracks, two tails, one grey squirrel, and this.

worth the trip 1.jpg
I have not measured it, but this is a 60" shed, at least. one of the best ones I've ever picked up. for reference, that G3 is touching the mechanical pencil in my apron pocket. I won't be making an offer on that property, but it was worth the trip. :cool:

Reactions: finelyshedded

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Travis and I walked about two hours yesterday in the no hunting area of the park. As usual i found more mylar balloons than sheds.
20180310_113114.jpg
20180310_112746.jpg
20180310_112459.jpg

Fletch

Supporting Member
Nice set... I've never found a matching set... Gonna get out this weekend and put some miles on... Hope to find some...