Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

2017 rabbit adventures

Rabbitrunner80

IMG_2685.jpg Found a nice shed while I was rabbit hunting. Looked all over the the other one but no luck.

Rabbitrunner80

IMG_2732.jpg Took my wife and my dad hunting today. The old man showed us up. He killed 2. My wife killed 1. She's killing at least 1 every time we go now, it seems like. She's hooked. Lol. Jumped 7 and killed 4. Had to end the hunt a little early and go pick up my youngest boy from school because he was sick. My dad had already quit by that time. My wife wasn't ready to quit. Lol

Rabbitrunner80

Dogs did absolutely awesome. Thick frost both days. It didn't affect the dogs at all. I figured it would really mess with the track.

Rabbitrunner80

IMG_2786.jpg Another good morning but slow afternoon because it warmed up to 65 degrees. Jumped 13. Killed 9. Dogs did absolutely amazing. Ran 8 miles.

Rabbitrunner80

Private land is about all I hunt. Lot of door knocking over the years but it's worth it. I keep a list of properties I hunt in my wallet because I forget some places. I have 3 local farmers that have land spread out across the county and surrounding counties that I have free reign on. I have several places but always lookin for more because it seems like I lose a couple every year due to leases or sold. Whenever we kill several from one spot we leave it alone for a year or two. We did get permission to hunt a 400 acre farm here recently that is owned by a land company. It's split up in lots and parts of it are already sold. We won't ever be able to hunt it again after this season. We've killed 24 at that spot.

Rabbitrunner80

IMG_2807.jpg Me and a buddy hunted this morning with an older fellow on his farm. Jumped 5, only killed 2. Dogs did real good. Ran 8 miles in 3 hours. This warm weather is making it hard to hunt. It was 67 degrees when we stopped.