Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

1st Annual Family Fishing and Camping Outing

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
It has been a drawing only hunt for several years. Starting this season, no drawing. Still, its youth only and no Sunday hunting in the park.

Reactions: giles

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
And everything on the other side of the lake from 753 to the dam. Pretty much anything connected to the lake east of Paint Creek.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
There are areas that can be hunted with birds... I killed two on the wildlife area last season and would be happy to share information with Chad, maybe even take him and serves as a tour guide. I'm betting the rest of you drunks will stay in bed. Lol

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
There are areas that can be hunted with birds... I killed two on the wildlife area last season and would be happy to share information with Chad, maybe even take him and serves as a tour guide. I'm betting the rest of you drunks will stay in bed. Lol
Well if that's the case I might just make the trip[emoji23]

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
J and I will be down if you'd be so kind as to serve as our resident turkey guide[emoji16]

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sure. Being a weekend, I'd be surprised if we don't see more people than birds, but I'm willing to try!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I usually hunt the area on weekdays only but last year I killed bird there opening day - with two other hunters trying to flank me! Ha. No kidding, I met them on the way out. Nice enough fellas. The next bird I worked down there got shot in the face as he came to me. Their flanking maneuvers worked better the second time. Same guys.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I usually hunt the area on weekdays only but last year I killed bird there opening day - with two other hunters trying to flank me! Ha. No kidding, I met them on the way out. Nice enough fellas. The next bird I worked down there got shot in the face as he came to me. Their flanking maneuvers worked better the second time. Same guys.
Well, park your vehicle there and maybe those guys won't try for the third time[emoji23]

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
The first time I rode my quad right passed them in the dark and did t know it. I parked at the line fence and went on over to the public ground where the birds were. They followed The second time I parked my truck at the public access since it was a shorter hike. They came in as they did previously, trespassing across another property. Lol. I'm not doing that to bushwhack a stinky bird.