Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live From the Stand 2017.

jigglyj

Wasn't in the stand but in a field doing some farm work yesterday. Saw 2 young bucks going absolutely nuts looking for and chasing a lone doe around noon-1230pm. They didn't seem to care about me being there as they were no further than 50 yards from me the whole time. Then a slightly older buck came out of the woods and into the field and chased the other 2 bucks and doe away. The whole thing lasted about 15 minutes. Pretty cool to watch!

NE-Oh-Hunter

NE Ohio
Good news… Saw my first rut of the entire season… One really tall six (8 but broken guards) was chasing three does right under my stand at 15 yards. Bad news...I reach for my bow and It got stuck on a limb. He heard me. So he jumped my shot...it nicked him and he ran off laughing the entire way

NE-Oh-Hunter

NE Ohio
Wow! Two nights in a row of hot rut action. Tonight one decent sized buck came in and kicked off two smaller bucks. Then he proceeded to destroy a tree. Nothing came close other than a cool looking Red Fox. Praying tomorrow is the day to seal the deal

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
Speaking of rut action....

Lots of fresh rubs too

NE-Oh-Hunter

NE Ohio
Nice pics!!! Just had tall 8 go by. Too far to shoot. He had a crazy lump hanging off his back right stomach. Seen him before and he didn’t have it. Wonder if he got gored or car or ? He walked by 4 does and didn’t really pay any attention. He walked off fast when I grunted.

Gordo

Athens County
Went out to a property I haven't hunted yet this year. Good sit.

2 does, a nice up and comer, and a dink that was all busted up.

First time out in a week. Felt good. Should be hitting another spot tomorrow afternoon

Good luck to anybody out. Just got off duty hitting the gym for a couple hours then getting in the woods. Got a major front coming into georgia right now. Supposed to get colder all day with rain turning into snow. WE DONT GET THAT DURING DEER SEASON!!!! Gonna be a great day to kick back in my box stand.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Im in stand we are at 39 degrees and dropping with rain. Saw 4 bucks in here Tuesday afternoon. 1 shooter with no shot.

My brother in Atlanta has 2” on the ground lol... I know how they drive in the rain down there.... No way I’d drive in the snow lol

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
My brother in Atlanta has 2” on the ground lol... I know how they drive in the rain down there.... No way I’d drive in the snow lol
Just talked to my brother as well. He is just west of ATL same thing about 2" of snow on the ground. Not often that GA gets snow before us.

Gordo

Athens County
Didn't get settled in till 4:30ish. Ground assault. Had 4 does pass within 12 yards and I went undetected. One was an old ass bitch. Thought about shooting her givin the scenario, but I'm 'keeping my eye on the prize'. Ha. Fun hunt.

I'm going to continue bouncing around to different properties and catch a break at some point.

[emoji1598]