Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Brock/Mason, 2017

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
The videos would be pretty boring, just deer walking around. Except for the one with the droptine buck, that would make you sick. They came up behind me. By the time I got the camera on them they decided to go around the other side of the tree. I spun the cam around to get them on the other side. Sorta like the Blair Witch x 2 for a minute. LOL.

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Incidentally, I think this is the deer Mason killed the other day. If so, he grew about 20" from last year. I taped him before hauling him to the taxi, and if I remember correctly, he scored 152 2/8".... Boarhead, 2/8". ha. He was pretty happy the tape came out with a bigger number than ol dad's deer. Funny, seeing them side by side, his is obviously more impressive. Mine had 12 scoring points, his only 8, but they added up substantially better.
Haha almost 3/8 Brock, you just added wrong.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
https://www.youtube.com/upload

I've been having a blast videoing deer the last two mornings. Seeing some dandies too! This is one I wish I could hunt, but hopefully he will be there next year in spite of a lot of people trying to kill him. He had a doe cornered in the little woods and only came out to push her back in.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Just saw it on your YouTube channel, what a stud!

Yep, he is a good one. I was incorrect when I said this is the one Mason was drawn on a few weeks back. It's not him, according to Mason.

I've had a blast filming/watching deer the last two days. I saw the drop tine buck and ten point from yesterday again today too. And one big one I saw yesterday was not the deer I thought it was, he's bigger and has an extra point. Lots of big deer moving around now apparently. Mason said he thinks the buck in the video is the one he guessed to be 180 the other day. I'd say he over estimated by a solid 10", but will admit he looks much bigger when youre watching him live than he does on video. I imagine if I still had my tag he would have looked even bigger. Heck of a deer.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I took my buddy Lathe to the hotspot tonight sat out the decoy too. We saw five bucks, all PY caliber or better and one doe. Only two of the bucks worked the decoy, both nice deer, and both lost interest before Lathe had an opportunity. Bummer. Mason took his friend Josh out again. They had two small bucks come in to the decoy last night but tonight all the bucks they saw were with does and none showed any interest in their decoy. They saw 14 deer and ten turkeys. A good time was had by all and no mess was created. Fun evening.

Last edited:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I took my buddy Lathe to the hotspot tonight sat out the decoy too. We saw five bucks, all PY caliber or better and one doe. Only two of the bucks worked the decoy, both nice deer, and both lost interest before Lathe had an opportunity. Bummer. Mason took his friend Josh out again. They had two small bucks come in to the decoy last night but tonight all the bucks they saw were with sea and none showed any interest in their decoy. They saw 14 deer and ten turkeys. A good time was had by all and no mess was created. Fun evening.
Sweet shit Brock. Tell lathe not to shoot em right in the corn sack! Lmao

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
"What did you shoot it for"?.... meaning how many yards. Josh replies, "You told me to". Ha. I love it!