Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Weight Loss - Biggest Loser Edition

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Thanks, brother...
So far so good. Its going great. I've been doing situps every day hitting the gym 4 days a week. Focusing on working on my chest back and legs....still doing bicep and tricep.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My strength training has been going well, when my eating and sleep schedule has been optimal. I've worked a lot of long days in the past couple weeks so it's thrown me off a little but not too bad. Last week I hit a new bench press PR and put up 265. I wouldn't say it went up "easy," but I think I could've hit 270 if I tried it. I dicked up my lower back a few weeks ago and I'm just now feeling back to normal, so squats and deadlifts haven't been a priority lately, but I hope to change that real soon.

Aside from the weightlifting progress, I've been somewhat bothered by my noticeable lack of core strength and fair amount of flab around my waist. I attribute that to my lackadaisical eating habits and taking supplements focused on mass/muscle gain... And basically zero cardio. Though parts of me are currently strong, I feel like my midsection flabbiness is hurting my potential to improve. I've started working more ab/core exercises into my routine. And although I hate it with a passion, I've decided I need to run more often. I listened to a couple podcasts yesterday that gave me some inspiration to wake up earlier and start my day with a little more pizazz than I'm used to... So starting tomorrow I'm going to start my days with an early-dawn jog and see how it feels. Two things I really truly fucking hate... Waking up early and jogging. We'll see how this goes. My gut is telling me it's going to suck and there'll be a lot of days where I act like a bitch and stay in bed. But my hope is that if I can force myself to do it consistently I'll learn to enjoy both jogging and rising early.

Wmiller07

Congrats on the bench PR and good luck with the running. Just an FYI if your goal is strength long distance running will hurt that. If you want to continue the strength gains and burn fat a better solution would be things like sprinting, jumping rope etc.

Gordo

Athens County
Sounds like everyone is still rolling! Good shit!

I'm sticking right around 212-215 and feeling great. Gotta think I'm packing some muscle on.

I've been working my ass off and am back to feeling like a machine. It's night and day compared to my fat ass this winter.

Food wise, I've been on an absolute tear hammering down various meats. Grilling at least every other day and makeing enough to have left overs. Steaks/burgs/pork/chick and not eating much else. Also being conscious of my carb intake. I should prob try to add some veggies into the mix? All meat can't be the healthiest thing without anything else?

Gordo

Athens County
Also eating a cliff bar every morning before getting to work and occasionally another midway through the day.

That's been keeping me away from shitty fast food breakfast/lunch.

Anyone makeing a big ole smoothie every morn?

Gordo

Athens County
When I say 'working my ass off', I'm not working out, just doing the seasonal moweing and other random landscaping stuff. Perpetual motion but no lifting or anything

Wmiller07

That can be a workout too. If you are feeling sluggish or lightheaded carbs will help. If you feel good then just add some veggies and you should be good. Most veggies have some carbs anyways.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
My strength training has been going well, when my eating and sleep schedule has been optimal. I've worked a lot of long days in the past couple weeks so it's thrown me off a little but not too bad. Last week I hit a new bench press PR and put up 265. I wouldn't say it went up "easy," but I think I could've hit 270 if I tried it. I dicked up my lower back a few weeks ago and I'm just now feeling back to normal, so squats and deadlifts haven't been a priority lately, but I hope to change that real soon.

Aside from the weightlifting progress, I've been somewhat bothered by my noticeable lack of core strength and fair amount of flab around my waist. I attribute that to my lackadaisical eating habits and taking supplements focused on mass/muscle gain... And basically zero cardio. Though parts of me are currently strong, I feel like my midsection flabbiness is hurting my potential to improve. I've started working more ab/core exercises into my routine. And although I hate it with a passion, I've decided I need to run more often. I listened to a couple podcasts yesterday that gave me some inspiration to wake up earlier and start my day with a little more pizazz than I'm used to... So starting tomorrow I'm going to start my days with an early-dawn jog and see how it feels. Two things I really truly fucking hate... Waking up early and jogging. We'll see how this goes. My gut is telling me it's going to suck and there'll be a lot of days where I act like a bitch and stay in bed. But my hope is that if I can force myself to do it consistently I'll learn to enjoy both jogging and rising early.
We're in the same boat with waking up and running. I wish both were something I could do with ease. Good luck with the new routine!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Good track to end today's workout on...

I hunt, therefore I am

Hope you got up and ran today Jim. As you know it takes time to form a routine. Keep at it man!!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
When I ran, early morning (especially dawn) was my place to be....

That's my routine. I carve out an hour and a half in the morning for me, then it's work the rest of the day, family time after work, an hour for my bride and I in the evening and then bedtime. Repeat Monday through Friday.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
That's my routine. I carve out an hour and a half in the morning for me, then it's work the rest of the day, family time after work, an hour for my bride and I in the evening and then bedtime. Repeat Monday through Friday.
I need to get better at this...

I have been in maintain mode lately while I battled some inner demons. I see the light at the end of the tunnel and am looking forward to trimming from 204 to 194. Hope to be there by July 4.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I'm down to 190, only bad thing is I never weighed myself before I started lmao... Didn't really want too know as I was probably the heaviest I've ever been in my life....
Motivation? The wife and daughter wanted to do a cruise....
The wife wanted to drop some weight before the cruise... Figured WTF I'll go along with her on it to help her out and make it easier and shed a few pounds myself....
Well the weight she wanted too drop off in the next few months came off the first two weeks lol... Now it's just eating right and laying off the junk carbs....
Which once you're thru the withdrawal part it's easy... Brown rice, some named grain I've never heard of and plenty of deer meet and chicken and steak lol...
Had a cheat day the weekend the guys came up from NC fishing Erie but other than that it's been pretty steady....

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
We're in the same boat with waking up and running. I wish both were something I could do with ease. Good luck with the new routine!

Hope you got up and ran today Jim. As you know it takes time to form a routine. Keep at it man!!

Ugghhh. I picked the wrong week to attempt a new routine. That plane didn't crash and burn....it just never made it off the damn runway. I did manage to run in the evenings 3 of the last 6 days, but my early morning wakeup plans fell through. Just working too much and not getting enough sleep. Just finished a 16-hour work day today. This shit is not good for me. Need to dig myself out of this hole and get with it.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Ugghhh. I picked the wrong week to attempt a new routine. That plane didn't crash and burn....it just never made it off the damn runway. I did manage to run in the evenings 3 of the last 6 days, but my early morning wakeup plans fell through. Just working too much and not getting enough sleep. Just finished a 16-hour work day today. This shit is not good for me. Need to dig myself out of this hole and get with it.
Better slow it down, Jim. You ain't gonna be able to do those 16 hours here soon anyway.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Better slow it down, Jim. You ain't gonna be able to do those 16 hours here soon anyway.
I know it. That's kind of why I'm busting ass now... Because I know I'll be forced to cut back in a month or so. Basically gettin while the gettin is good.

Anyway, I would really like to get a routine going that is similar to Curran's. Early mornings for me, evenings for me and the wife. I know I'd feel better throughout the day if I exercised early. It's just a bitch to get up and make it happen! Or maybe I'm just being a bitch. Lol

Wmiller07

I know it. That's kind of why I'm busting ass now... Because I know I'll be forced to cut back in a month or so. Basically gettin while the gettin is good.

Anyway, I would really like to get a routine going that is similar to Curran's. Early mornings for me, evenings for me and the wife. I know I'd feel better throughout the day if I exercised early. It's just a bitch to get up and make it happen! Or maybe I'm just being a bitch. Lol

That's what I do and its working out really well. I know it sounds weird but I shower before I workout. I can't lift nearly as well if I don't do it.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio

I'll start texting you when I wake up. That'll keep us both accountable. Today was a struggle. I sweated out BBQ this morning. Working out when I'm on the road is always harder. It's easy to just sleep in, but then I feel like a lazy bitch all day. Lol.