Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Finelysheddeds 2012 Buck Hunt with Pics

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Looks great Ric! Does your wife give you shit for having all those up there?

In the beginning but I think they're starting to grow on her...lol

Seriously though, I was told when we built our house if I were to install all our hardwood flooring that I'd be allowed to have 2 deer heads over our fireplace(something I thought was going to happen anyway!)WTH
Anyway, I did them all and she stuck to her promise and let me. After I killed Character I quietly mentioned to the girls that he'd look good in between whatever two other heads I would have up there so they would bring it up during other family conversations and such. We got a few eye rolls here and there but nothing totally negative or a flat out NO!, so when I brought him home from the taxi he went straight up on the wall and WHALLA.....rotflmao

Ya gotz 2 know how to plaz da game! :smiley_coolpeace:

Thanks Brian and Chad!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
My woman didn't want to see the dead yotes after I caught them because she said they look too much like domestic dogs. I now have her talked into allowing me to hang the fur in the house or have pillows made lol:D

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
She don't care what I hang on the wall. I think the yotes just bothered her for a little bit, they are still at the tannery. But I'll have my own man cave when we build the new house in a couple years:D
Where are you going to put the next buck Ric?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
If I'm ever fortunate enough to harvest a buck I want to get shoulder mounted again it will replace one of these and send it to the unfinished basement wall where the others reside. If we ever win the lottery or come up with an extra 30k or so I'd like to get started on finishing our basement but with daughters approaching the end of their high school years we have other expenses to think about....sigh:smiley_depressive:

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
I'm pretty sure you'll be fortunate this year Ric, and I have a good feeling about myself as well. I love the stone work above your fireplace!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Your wives need to meet my wife she will show them the way.She doesn't mind what I hang in our house and she likes them.I am a lucky guy.

She is just afraid of your "leg hold trap" if she objects to your deer and critters hanging. lmao

Looks great Ric! Fantastic display, fireplace, and brick work. Great combination which I really like.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Im going to start hanging my new ones in the bedroom...although I have nobody to complain about them in there either..ha