Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Meals at Deer Camp

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
Gun season starts on Saturday here in Minnesota and we have 7 guys that hunt together and 4 extras for dinner Sunday night. One of the guys that hunts with us is from New York, this poor bastard is alergic to beef, pork, and venison so we have a special menu each year. On the days when we cook something he cant eat he gets chicken breasts but the dinner menu looks like this this year:
Seafood Etouffee
Veni Bites, carrots, mushrooms, and perogies
Chicken White Chili
Chicken Wild Rice soup
Spaghetti with Elk burger and garlic cheese bread
Italian Chicken
1 night out to eat

Mao

Coshocton, OH
We are getting ready to do some planning for that. One of my buddies got his uncle to let us have a deer camp in Nellie (above Warsaw) at his cabin and surrounding 300 prime acres. It is going to be just a weekend camp the weekend of November 9-11. Me and four of my best buddies are going to be there. I am jacked for it already. I have never really got to do a deer camp so I am pretty excited. Not to mention some giants have been killed out there. We will probably be eating deer steaks from my buddies deer that tagged out early at least one night. Probably a lot of soups and sandwiches I am guessing.

We will be in Ohio soon so it's time to get the dinner's ready to go. Just made a pot of deer chili last night, tonight will be a venison meatloaf and Tues. night will be making deer stew in the crock pot. Plan to take deer steaks and plenty of bacon too. My buddy has a nice ham and has some other ideas too so we should be eating very well when we are down there. Our plan is always to have plenty so my dad doesn't have to feed us. Love the preparation and anticipation!!

Ohiobowhunter1

Columbus
Just finishing up mine before I head out on Weds to camp. I make Red Beans and Rice with Kilbasa cut up, also plan on Deer taco salad, Deer Chili is a must. My Dad brings my Moms homemade vegetable soup and pre made SOS. Hopefully if one of us takes a doe we will eat the backstraps over the fire one night. Good times are coming my friends!

badger

*Supporting Member*
We are getting ready to do some planning for that. One of my buddies got his uncle to let us have a deer camp in Nellie (above Warsaw) at his cabin and surrounding 300 prime acres. It is going to be just a weekend camp the weekend of November 9-11. Me and four of my best buddies are going to be there. I am jacked for it already. I have never really got to do a deer camp so I am pretty excited. Not to mention some giants have been killed out there. We will probably be eating deer steaks from my buddies deer that tagged out early at least one night. Probably a lot of soups and sandwiches I am guessing.

I've hunted the Warsaw/Nellie area quite a bit in the past. My buddy used to have an old train caboose that was used as a hunting cabin.

One of my favorite deer camp recipes is a simple one, grilled spam and cheese sandwiches with ramen noodles.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I've hunted the Warsaw/Nellie area quite a bit in the past. My buddy used to have an old train caboose that was used as a hunting cabin.

One of my favorite deer camp recipes is a simple one, grilled spam and cheese sandwiches with ramen noodles.

Definitely get your salt content back up with that meal!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Our deer camp grub during gun season is usually deer chili,roast,burger,backstraps and loin, taters, homemade French fries, fried fish,various desserts and beer.

Buckmaster

Portage
Last week's Deer Camp meal.

Venison backstrap 48 hour marinate in Red Wine Vinegar, Worechester, and Soy. Texas toast, salad, sweet potato topped with butter and brown sugar. And lastly a Yuengling to wash it all down with.

Attachments

• Deer Camp Dinner 10-27-12.jpg
    Deer Camp Dinner 10-27-12.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 138

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Last week's Deer Camp meal.

Venison backstrap 48 hour marinate in Red Wine Vinegar, Worechester, and Soy. Texas toast, salad, sweet potato topped with butter and brown sugar. And lastly a Yuengling to wash it all down with.

that looks amazing!

buckstar25

T-county
Every year tradition to have chili and chocolate chip cookies.

This years menu includes Reuben's, belly straps, back straps, hamburger, baby back/short ribs over the fire. Ranching and Cowboy beans. Lots of greasy breakfast foods, camp sliders are always the talk of the cabin. Especially when your the next guy in the shithouse!

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Every year tradition to have chili and chocolate chip cookies.

This years menu includes Reuben's, belly straps, back straps, hamburger, baby back/short ribs over the fire. Ranching and Cowboy beans. Lots of greasy breakfast foods, camp sliders are always the talk of the cabin. Especially when your the next guy in the shithouse!

Dang man! You ever have anyone shit themselves in the tree stand?

All sounds good though!!

buckstar25

T-county
Never in the stand but it does get pretty rancid around the cabin! Add in the beer and moonshine and you have a perfect recipe for funnel butt!