Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

anyone hunting

MandRroofing

In the woods
Is anyone hunting today and tomorrow?Its going to be a steady 28 MPH and gusts up to 40 plus! I mean gezz you might get crushed walking to your stand by a falling tree!I belived that deer will move in high winds but that a lil much.IMO 20mph is the max and if you do hunt in these high winds id say be right in there beding area...what do you all think?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Is anyone hunting today and tomorrow?Its going to be a steady 28 MPH and gusts up to 40 plus! I mean gezz you might get crushed walking to your stand by a falling tree!I belived that deer will move in high winds but that a lil much.IMO 20mph is the max and if you do hunt in these high winds id say be right in there beding area...what do you all think?

Hunt the field edges but not near any tree line rotflmao

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Nope, took today and tomorrow off of work to hunt at the beginning of the year but with this "perfect storm" rolling in I'm gonna go back to work and burn two days somewhere else in Nov. :pickle:

Anyone that is hunting should be very careful, no deer is worth your safety!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I dont like hunting in steady rain either, if you dont center punch that deer youll never find it!

Good luck to all, and be safe!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm on the sidelines today and tomorrow for sure. I had scheduled Wednesday as a vacation day, but may move it to Thursday or Friday now...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I hunted saturday morning in Carroll Co and didn't see squat. It was pretty miserable, really. Yesterday I went to the marsh and pounded ducks instead...