Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

anyone hunting

at1010

*Supporting Member*
This weather here in SE Ohio is looking rough for the next two days, you guys hunting?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Was out last night and this morning and it rained (lightly) the whole time.... Just got off the phone with a buddy and he's been out all morning and I'm heading back out around 3:00.... Haven't seen much in movement but hey they can only whole up for so long till they gotta eat of the bucks feeling frisky...... If so I'll be there and will have an arrow ready for them.....

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I went to bed a 10 last night and skipped out on a Halloween party on the off chance it wouldn't be as bad as predicted here this morning. Went outside at 6 to see it pouring rain and blowing sideways, so I went back to bed and just woke up. LOL!

It is still raining, but the wind is not terrible. I'd go out if it was just misting or sprinkling, but it is raining hard enough to wash out a blood trail pretty quick. I'm not chancing losing a trophy just because I have time to hunt. You're just asking to lose a deer if you hunt in his stuff.

I have a buddy who needs a stand moved, so I'm off to do that, then back to the house to enjoy the free NFL Sunday Ticket we got for switching to DirectTV!

Huckleberry Finn

Hunted til 10, thought there'd be a chance of seeing something before it started...but nope. Rain came down and so did I

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I am trying to make a move on this small foodplot next to a thicket, Im setting up a ground blind, brush it in a bit, and hoping something comes by, smoking blind up now. If it pours, I am bouncing.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
took the opportunity to use the rain and wind to cover my scent and sound while I checked cams. Saw more deer today than I have in weeks...

...figures.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hit church. Took kids to lunch. Visited Grandma in the nursing home. Met a girl at the movie theatre parking lot to buy a crossbow. Now I am delegating chores to the kids for their less than stellar behavior. Mama works until 7pm. I am hunting vicariously thru you guys. Good luck to those that make it out!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Looks like we'll get a break tonight. Headed home now to grab my gear and I'm hitting the woods. Big question now is where to go?!?

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
I hunted this morning for a couple hours. Nothing for the first 45 minutes and all of the sudden a nice 8 pointer came trotting in from the left. He was on a cruising mission. He was around 115 inches and got a free pass. About 5 minutes later I saw 2 does off in the distance, then right after that 5 does and yearlings came to me from another direction. A total of 8 deer in about 2 hours, then the cold north wind got to me and I quit for the day. It was a good sit.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Went from bad to worse here. Cleaning up around the house before th 50mph winds get here tomorrow. Guess who isn't hunting tomorrow? This guy (both thumbs pointed at me.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Sat this morning with no sightings.... Went back out this afternoon and pulled cards and did a still hunt too my last camera and then too the stand.... Nothing busted out and caught no movement.... Sat until about a half hour left of daylight still hunted back too my truck about a 1/4 mile away.... Got too the truck and noticed movement down in the fresh cut corn field and saw two deer running acccross the field toward my location... Walked down the drive too an old corn crib and as on que the doe and small basket racked 8 came trotting by @ 30 yards stopped looked out into nt field for a few seconds and off they went again going into where I just came out of almost on my very path.... Never busted me or caught my scent which really made me feel pretty good..... All in all not a bad afternoon even with all the rain.....

jeremy44230

Medina County
I saw 2 bucks yesterday including the one I shot. Today my brother in law saw a big one in a field and I saw 2 more.

I would brave some rain and high winds to be out as much as possible right now.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Tonight my dad saw 16 deer even with the wind blowing him around in the tree. One big shooter he said was following a doe. He had a buck decoy out in front of him. He said the big buck saw the deke, started toward it but lost interest and continued following the doe. Unfortunately for him he left is grunt/snort wheeze at home. He had to just watch him walk away. He also said a really big bodied deer came in to 25 yards but it was to dark to really tell what it was.

I sat in a blind and saw nothing. Dad was about 7-800 yards away from me on another hill. For those of you that came to the TOO bow shoot he was above the open woods where we shot.

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I saw 8 tonight and passed on a decent buck. It was actually a good night to be in the stand.

damn you did? I saw about 7 but all from my truck on my way in right around 3, after that the movement was dead!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
damn you did? I saw about 7 but all from my truck on my way in right around 3, after that the movement was dead!

Sounds like my morning sit... Saw eyes in the cut corn field but nothing during the daylight this morning..... A buddy was out until noon and saw half a dozen.... He has one of those seats that has a tent over it and had a can of sterno in it and he said it was like bing around a campfire lol.... Warm and dry.....

whack

Wish I was had funeral services this weekend for wife's grandpa then left for North Carolina for work. Won't be back till Tuesday night. Good luck to those that are getting out there