Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Rut Details..

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Look at this weather for next week. I think once this rain moves out this weekend or next week it's going to bust loose.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351637426.267003.jpg

Here is the week after. Rain and 63 for three days.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351637489.185992.jpg

This Saturday to a week later Sunday I think we should all sit as long and often as we can.

Gordo

Athens County
No joke. Judging by weather alone it'll be the best 'rut' in years. They should b moving a bunch during the day.

Some slungers are going to fall

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Look at this weather for next week. I think once this rain moves out this weekend or next week it's going to bust loose.

View attachment 10842

Here is the week after. Rain and 63 for three days.

View attachment 10843

This Saturday to a week later Sunday I think we should all sit as long and often as we can.

It's shaping up to be an epic rut!!! :smiley_clap:

I completely agree. My dad and I were talking about this earlier today. He'll be in SE Ohio hunting next week. As shitty as this weather is, there's no way the bucks are up doing much seeking or chasing right now. Their hormones gotta be bottled up tight, just waiting to explode! Next week should be incredible.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I snooped around a little bit today. Very few tracks in likely crossings, scrapes hadn't been tended, all things making me believe they are not staying on their feet that much relative to the time of year. I gotta believe when this front breaks, it will be unreal. Like you fellas, I think they are probably chomping at the bit, waiting to bust loose.

Hunter II

Watched this buck chase a doe around the parking lot today. Its a blurry pic but he looked to be about 130ish. There was a smaller buck about 15 minutes behind with his nose to the ground. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351648493.625063.jpg

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Figures everything is going to brake loose the weekend of my daughters birthday when all kinds of things are planned.

Thats the way it works! We have GE day at the zoo this sat then going to a bonfire sat night, then sunday afternoon got a cancer walk that will be over @3:30.. Hopefully I will have enough time to get to the woods before it gets dark..

Ohiobowhunter1

Columbus
Thats the way it works! We have GE day at the zoo this sat then going to a bonfire sat night, then sunday afternoon got a cancer walk that will be over @3:30.. Hopefully I will have enough time to get to the woods before it gets dark..

Good luck Woody, if the walk ends at 3:30 that will be pretty tight with the time change on Sunday... should be getting dark around 5:30.