Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Processing N.E. Ohio

mightymet

I was wondering where you guys that don't do it on your own take your deer for processing. I don't have a place or the means to do it so I took my doe to one. Everyone I talked to said they do a great job but it's been three weeks now and no meat! So I may be in the market for a new place.

buckstar25

T-county
Not sure where you are at, Miller's meat does pretty good work. Their Summer Sausage and hot dogs are great. Amish so they don't have a phone and it is in B.F.E. if you know where Keim lumber is, it is another 10-15 minutes in a place called Bars Mills (I think)

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
I was wondering where you guys that don't do it on your own take your deer for processing. I don't have a place or the means to do it so I took my doe to one. Everyone I talked to said they do a great job but it's been three weeks now and no meat! So I may be in the market for a new place.

What all are you getting done?

If you are getting anything smoked it is likely that is what is taking the time. I know when I get my hog done, I get everything back in about 3 or 4 days except the smoked meat. I usually get it within a couple weeks.

I would just give them a ring and see what's up. More than likely they've gotten a lot of deer/hogs/beef in by people getting ready for Winter and they are running behind.

deerjunkie

Canton, Ohio
I have taken my deer to this guy for the last couple years. Longest I have ever waited was 2 days. He likes to get them out of here when they are done. He is a retired butcher of 40yrs and has all the equipment at his place. Does a fantastic job! For $70 this is what I get:

Backstraps butterflied
all steaks cut
two roasts
the rest is ground in burger

He will cut it though however you want.

Larry's Deer Processing
3620 State Route 14
Edinburg, Ohio 44272

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
It would probably help too know what you're close too and a lot more would probably weigh in on the subject..... :smiley_coolpeace:

mightymet

Two that have been around a long time are:

Smokin T's-(440) 577-1117
1550 Stanhope Kelloggsville Rd, Jefferson, OH 44047
Clean. Excellent beef too.

or

Trumbull Locker Plant- (440) 474-4631
3393 State Route 534, Rock Creek, OH 44084
http://www.trumbull-locker.com/deer-processing.html

Smokin T's is where I took my doe. Still no call. I will call them tomorrow. Everyone I talked to said they do a great job. I didn't get anything smoked or special. Just back straps steaks and roasts.

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
Just give them a call.
They are good people.

I like his work and whenever I walk in there , it does not smell like a butcher shop, it smells clean.