Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

WTF is wrong with OH hunters!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
This is def a rant..... This is the 3rd trail camera ive had stolen this year. The second one I put out several weeks ago before I went to NC for a week for work and came home to it being stolen! So I go and check my other cam on private proerty in the middle of no where in a corn field over a scrape..... Lock box, camera, python lock, and padlocked to a tree! All gone!!! Ripped clean thru the lock box with lag bolts still in the tree.

Then I go a look at one of my stands and someones safety strap is still hanging in the top where they've hunted out of it! To top it off I walk a little bit further down my lease to check old scrapes out and someone drove a four wheeler straight thru the bedding area. I PRAY they show up when Im hunting bc you guys will get to see me on tv! Headline...... "Hunter gut shoots other hunter for tresspassing and theift". That'll be me! Im so fuggin tired of Ohio and the shit bags we have. I dont have this problem in any other state I hunt in. Hell i dont even lock anything up!!!

Time for some good ole fashion law..... ass whoopins for whoever tresspasses bc as most of you know the fat bitch that took my first cam is walking free and clear bc our worthless system wont do shit about it!

K, im done....

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Time for camera on your camera. Haven't done it yet (But working on a adjustable angle bracket ) To hang camera's in tree's looking down at an angle on deer (and thieves) I truely believe this will result in more Big Buck Pic's and Tresspasser's also. A pic is hard to deny.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Damn that sucks. But please do rethink your solution though. I to have been thinking of the camera up high. I seen that on a video but it cuts down on area of pictures.
But the dirtbags are a very small % of the real good guys out there. One of the reasons I bought the Spypoint Tiny W2 with the seperate black box so if someone does steal it hopefully they won't find the black box with their picture on it.
Next year I think I will invest into one of the wireless cameras linked to the internet.
Frank

Last edited:

Milo

Tatonka guide.
its getting ugly.. the state legislature needs to step up punishment for tresspassing and theft. its almost like hunter harassment. people need to be held responsible for being places they should not be. they need to get rid of that landowner requirement to press charges. your either supposed to be there or not.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am with Milo and MK. Rethink the retribution. You can't make threats on the internet. It is premeditated at this point. lol

Legal system needs to be reworded in such a way the trespassers have more deterrent. Our local yocal PD tried to tell me they can't do anything even if the landowner gives me written permission to call it in. BS.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
First off, sorry about getting your gear stolen...secondly, just a thought here...i don't feel you should assume it was an OHIO hunter that did this....it was a thief, not a fellow hunter, that gives hunters a bad name....true hunters are conservationists and not thieves.

jeremy44230

Medina County
First off, sorry about getting your gear stolen...secondly, just a thought here...i don't feel you should assume it was an OHIO hunter that did this....it was a thief, not a fellow hunter, that gives hunters a bad name....true hunters are conservationists and not thieves.

I 2nd this thought... Pretty pitiful that all our hard work, money and time is taken away by idiots! Just ain't right. I know where trail cameras that others have on properties I hunt that have been there for years. True sportsman and hunters respect other's property, no questions asked!

RUT NUT

Sorry to hear this man! Every time I hear about someone's stuff getting stolen....IT MAKES ME SICK! Although I haven't had any of my hunting stuff stolen....I have had a stereo stolen out of my car. It's the worst feeling in the world when something that you worked so hard for is just taken right from underneath you! I've always wondered how many times when a trail cam gets stolen....that it was in impulse steal. I think a lot of the times people are trespassing (which they shouldn't be doing in the first place!) and happen to notice the cam and think....oh shit!....I better take this thing so whoever owns it doesn't know I was trespassing. I think that's the case more times then someone actually setting foot in the woods with the intentions of finding and stealing one. So with that said....a trail cam would NEVER get stolen if people weren't trespassing. With the exception of "public property". So I say....they need to CRACK DOWN on people trespassing and hit them with a fine/penalty that would make them NEVER want to do it again! This world is FULL of lowlife pieces of CRAP that don't have a care in the world! Although they might get away with no kind of punishment right now....their day will come! One day they will be punished for EVERY single thing they have done wrong! I'm sure of that because these type of people have no kind of relationship with GOD. THY SHALL NOT STEAL! It's as simple as that! How hard can it be to leave something alone that is NOT yours?! It just blows my mind! Once again....I'm sorry to hear this. Gets me fired up every time I read one of these threads!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio

Very well said Gern.

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
I wouldnt act unless caught red handed and working for the Gov't id really have to handle it properly, I was simply venting. Ive already had to go the proper route once this year and it got me no where, so its aggrevating to say the least. On all my new leases it is worded that I have the right to prosecute per the landowner. The guy who stole this last camera in the lock box hunts the neighboring property and I saw his car out there 2 days before it happened so its safe to assume he did it. I will still approach him and let him think he was caught by another camera to get his wheels turning and try to keep him off the property. Im just tired of dealing with the same crap. Oh.. he is a local so its safe to say someone from OHIO took it. All three have been ohio people, only one ive caught on a secondary camera. May have to rethink the little W-2 cameras as well.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Rutin, i can get you a possible cell cam if needed. Since you been through enough of this crap, id make it worth your time to discuss..

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Odds are you pissed off someone by leasing the property.

The most recent wasnt a lease, theres actually 3 other people that hunt it and we all have mutual agreements. I actually got to see the guy first hand tonight. He snuck in off another property with a kid (maybe 6-7 yrs old) and was walking the fencerows just looking for another one. He went straight to where I had a cam hung this summer. He had a backpack which im sure had all his "tools" in it. On his way back out he decided to walk up to my other lone wolf about 300 yards away and shoot it with a handgun. Dude just messed up! He doesnt realize I film everything when I go out!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wow. Sounds like you found the most likely suspect. That is just wrong. I think getting the game warden involved at this point is a good idea. This guy is clearly tampering with your hunting intentionally. Local PD might not do anything, but the WO should given the circumstances you tell us.

tuffshot

The Crew
its getting ugly.. the state legislature needs to step up punishment for tresspassing and theft. its almost like hunter harassment. people need to be held responsible for being places they should not be. they need to get rid of that landowner requirement to press charges. your either supposed to be there or not.

There are enuff laws in the books. The enforcement of current laws is the problem.

tuffshot

The Crew
The most recent wasnt a lease, theres actually 3 other people that hunt it and we all have mutual agreements. I actually got to see the guy first hand tonight. He snuck in off another property with a kid (maybe 6-7 yrs old) and was walking the fencerows just looking for another one. He went straight to where I had a cam hung this summer. He had a backpack which im sure had all his "tools" in it. On his way back out he decided to walk up to my other lone wolf about 300 yards away and shoot it with a handgun. Dude just messed up! He doesnt realize I film everything when I go out!

Did you get his vehicle plate number?
That would make it easier for the officer to track him down.