Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Keep this in mind...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
...when choosing your next broadhead.

On opening day this season, I shot a doe at about 24-26 yards. The arrow, tipped with a Magnus Stinger 150, blew right through her like a hot knife through butter... and buried into the hillside about 8" or so. As with most hillsides in Carroll County, this one was full of rocks. The stinger survived its trip for the most part, but unfortunately the ferrule was bent.

No need to fear... Magnus broadheads come with a LIFETIME warranty. I simply sent the broadhead back to Magnus with a picture, and a paragraph describing my hunt and what happened to the broadhead. Today I was greeted by a package waiting at my front door...

Now THAT'S excellent customer service. :smiley_bril:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That's awesome, makes me want to switch to Magnus.

I honestly can't believe more people don't shoot them. Maybe it's because they aren't marketed as heavily. Then again, neither are Slick Tricks and they're a pretty popular head. But come on, how can you beat a lifetime warranty on broadheads?!?! A warranty that covers much more than just factory defects!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
They are like the old bear broadheads right?

I don't have much experience with old broadheads so I really don't know. They're just a simple, incredibly-tough (and sharp) cut-on-contact broadhead. They are spin-tested before they leave the factory, and are easy to tweak or adjust when swapping blades out. One would think they'd be prone to planing since they're pretty big, but I've not had any accuracy issues at all with them. They hit with my field points out to 50 yds.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I don't have much experience with old broadheads so I really don't know. They're just a simple, incredibly-tough (and sharp) cut-on-contact broadhead. They are spin-tested before they leave the factory, and are easy to tweak or adjust when swapping blades out. One would think they'd be prone to planing since they're pretty big, but I've not had any accuracy issues at all with them. They hit with my field points out to 50 yds.

I was curious, but just not educated enough in broad heads to question this. I know the Slick Tricks and other short bladed broadheads seem to fly best for me. Never tried these heads you are shooting though.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio

I should clarify... I did have an issue shooting them on arrows fletched with 2" Rayzr feathers. Truth be told, they didn't fly worth a damn. I don't think the Rayzrs were providing enough stabilization. But 2" Blazers with a hard helical seems to work very well. And obviously the bow has to be tuned fairly well.