Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Thieves.....Beware Be very FUGGIN aware!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Never know man! Ive had 3 stolen this year and the last was in a lock box lag bolted to a tree, with a python lock and master lock at the bottom. The guy that stole it takes his 6-7 yr old kid out there to NOT look suspcious! Uses the kid as a decoy and takes your shit! Filmed him the other week walk straight to where I just pulled a camera with a backpack on going to steal it as well, luckly i beat him to the punch. As he left he decided he was pissed off and shot at my lone wolf 2 times with a pistol. Good parenting there..... bad part is the next time I catch him tresspassing with or without his kid hes gonna have some scars to go home with!

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
The last thing I had stolen, was a treestand and laddersticks. I got real fortunate as some kids from the housing development seen who done it. I went to his house and punked-his-ass-out in front of his wife. Told him he had 48 hrs to replace everything or I was coming back. Very next night he pulled in the driveway right behind me and unloaded brand new stuff.....Even a new bow rope, cable and lock. Never had anything messed with yet (by the grace of god)....Always wonder if the message got around???????

It's a cryin' ass shame you can't trust many any more.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have had one stolen. Sadly, I think it is about time to pull my cameras. I am worried about the one on my OWN property more than any of the others. That is total BS in my opinion but I haven't owned the property long and knew it would be an issue with trespassers this year. Just plain wrong.

Sorry to hear about your camera Mike.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Sorry to hear about this Mike. I had a brand new Spypoint stolen 10 days ago....What the fuck is wrong with people these days anyhow? What goes through someones head as they are knowingly stealing someone elses property? I can't grasp it.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
The last thing I had stolen, was a treestand and laddersticks. I got real fortunate as some kids from the housing development seen who done it. I went to his house and punked-his-ass-out in front of his wife. Told him he had 48 hrs to replace everything or I was coming back. Very next night he pulled in the driveway right behind me and unloaded brand new stuff.....Even a new bow rope, cable and lock. Never had anything messed with yet (by the grace of god)....Always wonder if the message got around???????

It's a cryin' ass shame you can't trust many any more.

I wish I could prove who it was. I still have a gut feeling it was the dude there yesterday, eventhough, according to my dad, he seemed honest.
This place is off the beaten path for the most part and who else would've been back there in that shit weather? Just can't go accusing him. Hopefully Karma catches up to him.

I'd love nothing more than prove it's him.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I hear ya Mike. It's just so hard to prove unless you catch them red handed...... Wish there was a mini tracking device out or something to take you right to the location..........Problems Solved!

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sorry for your lose. Do any of the camera mfg. install security codes. With a security code no one but the owner could use it in the future. I know this won't pervent the theft but at least the thief couldn't use it. Then again using it may not be his reason in the first place. Probaly resale is the reason. Just a thought.
Frank

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Dang that sucks Mike. I lock everything up if I'm leaving it in the woods. Even if it's just overnight, it still gets a cable and master lock around the tree. You just can't take chances out there with nice things.