Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Strouds Camping Checklist

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I'll be there early Friday morning. I'm just going to bring a bunch of stuff. Food, grill, charcoal, etc.

I'll be using my millennium and lw sticks.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I won't be leaving until after school on Friday. That'll get me there about 6:30 or 7:00. I may be able to leave a little early, but i still have to round up the kids. The earliest I'll be there is 6:00 I would say.

Unless you take the 3 county tour and take 4 hours longer to find us....***COUGH***

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It's always best when guys bring their own plates, utensils, and such as it ensures there are enough to go around.

I will have firewood, my grill that goes over the fire, a spare propane tank, plastic table, a tent, propane heaters, small propane grill, and all my camping gear. Most of you know I make a good camp bitch, so I'll have just about anything we'll need...

As for food, I'll have potatoes to do fries the night we do fish. I'll have a stuffed deer loin and stuff for breakfast Sunday morning.

I will call tomorrow and verify we have a donation site for the deer. I emailed the FHFH contact for Athens County last week and she never got back to me...

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Greg, I have plenty of deer ground from Klay's deer. Want me to bring some?

Or, if anyone else would have some use for it at the camp I can throw some in. I also have some hot italian flavored deer ground from my deer last year. If anybody wants some, speak up.

I'll probably make it up ahead of time, so I don't have to mess with it that weekend, but I appreciate it Mike!

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I'm bringing bacon and brownies for all.
And I've got a nice lil' portable weber propene grill if y'all think it would be used for burgers/dogs/backstraps
grills_Weber_Baby_Q_386001.jpg

What's the total headcount of guys that will be there?

mrex

*Supporting member*
The camping is primitive. There are potable water spigots and drinking fountains but no electric. My wife has the boat rental business at the ramp and there's a small boat house/log cabin there with several indoor and outdoor electrical outlets you can use for charging phones. AT&T does well up on the ridges and Verizon is good everywhere. There's a small chest freezer in the boat house if you need to keep something frozen. I have a portable propane heater and gas grill at the boat house you're welcome to use. I will also make sure we keep a few canoes and a john boat with a small outboard motor near the ramp that will get you around the lake.

There's 2,600 acres of public hunting in the park and several other parcels you can hunt on near by. Be aware that you wont have it all to yourselves but I know a guy who knows the area pretty well...;)

I've got some friends from New Hampshire who hunt with me every year arriving on the 19th so I am kinda obligated to spend time with them that weekend but I will certainly check in from time to time. I'll be bringing a guest for the campfire Saturday night.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Checklist...

- a big thing of hotdogs.
- buns
- fixins (ketchup, mustard, hot pepper spread, onions, sauerkraut and relish)
- Cutting board, knives and sharpening set (Lansky, would bring the electric but no outlets)
- Container of beef and noodles.
- Plastic table for processing
- Sanitizer solution in a spray bottle
- Vacuum sealer and bags (if you wanna use the sealer pic up some bags as I won't have enough to cover everyone.
- Power converter
- Millennium and sticks
- Climber
- Double bull
- two coolers
- box of nitrile gloves

Oh and what was the total count so far?

Anyone else going up Thursday evening?

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Beenie - I took Thurs off as well as Friday.
I want to be on stand somewhere thurs nite, was planning at my place in Adams county then driving the rest of the way down Fri AM.
I'm bunking in Brock's cabin, but that's not till Fri nite.
But if you and some others are coming down thurs, maybe I will too and just tent-it that first nite.

I feel like that kid in the old Disney commercial...."I'm too excited to sleep!"

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I thought Jesse was going up Thursday also. I am going to sleep in my truck Thursday night since I will be in a cabin on Friday.

I have an extra generator that I can bring up if there is enough need.