Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

In the stand!!

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
I am in the stand right now and all I have seen and heard is a few tree rats.. moon is directly over me right now (Independence KY) let's hope movement starts really soon!

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
It's overcast so I can't tell where the moon is now but I haven't seen or heard a thing but tree rats.. have to get down soon to make the hour drive home to sleep cause my son is getting off the bus at my house today and I gotta make sure he does his homework and spend some time with him...

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
Family time is just as important as stand time.

Suprised you didn't see anything. I'm at work in xenia right now. Pretty cold and overcast here, you're still a little south but I figured you would have had something moving around.

Keep after them.

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Im back in the stand this morning im hoping that today will be the day that i put one on the ground.. so far havent seen or heard any movement but hope that will change since no moon and some storms rolled through last night.. Time will tell..

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
I got down @ 9:30am wind was kickin.. went home got some sleep and grabbed the g/f and we just got back out here. Still a lil breezy but aint gonna kill nothin from the couch we will see how tonight goes..

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
An update on last night and now..

Last night after the doe spooked and took off, my g/f had the pleasure of watching 6 does mill about around the corn which is 78 yds from her stand. None of them would come any closer. I saw nothing..

Fast forward to this morning.. I get off work come to the farm wait for daybreak then slowly make my way to her stand, and blind setup. I grab the blind and move it into a little section of corn that never produced (its just stalks) and set the blind up and brush it in with downed stalks and thats where I sit as I am typing this.