Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Don't Move a Muscle

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Just thought I'd share this observation and get some feedback-

Just because a doe stamps the ground and makes that alarm-snort we all hate to hear, it doesn't mean that it's game over.
When you hear that noise, don't move a muscle (other than your eyes).

I've had numerous experiences now where a doe will look right at my blind and be a little wary...enough to sound the alarm.
But then she's not so sure and doesn't bolt....if you just sit still and give 'em time, more often than not they'll settle down and go back to feeding or whatever they were doing.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I will snort back at them. I actually killed a doe a few years ago doing that. She was bedded near my stand and I bumped her climbing up the tree. When she started snorting, so did I and it wasn't long before she came back to see what was up. That was the last snort job she ever did!!!

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I've had button bucks stomp at me a lot, but still stick around. Last year I had one in particular that seemed to live at my blind and often walked up close to the screen and stomped. I called him my little buddy as he kept me company most of the season!

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I shot at a doe last year, missed straight up! Poor shot choice on my end, way to steep! Anyways, I let her walk about 25 yards she turned broadside, and started to stomp, but didnt pin point me, I drew back and let one fly, slick trick(I now shoot muzzys) hit her behind the shoulder and she ran 40 yards...piled up.

Never give up, I have got scented before bought quick for the hunt, and had a nice buck come from another direction, it aint over till its over or the sun sets....