Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Homework Assignment

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I personally see nothing wrong with this science experiment. It gets the kids outside and off their duff and maybe they will get hooked into hunting someday.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I personally see nothing wrong with this science experiment. It gets the kids outside and off their duff and maybe they will get hooked into hunting someday.

Until some concrete baby says he didn't have equal access to apples.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
It's a fantastic assignment, Mike! In coming years, you will have students who have heard of your assignments, and will show up with a pick-up truck completely full. Carry on....

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
You'd be surprised about the conversation we have when I ask the kids to help me out. Many of them have zero clue about deer activity. They ask all kinds if questions.

As for those, like myself, who do not have easy access to apples, pears, acorns, etc... No biggie, I have alternative ways for them to earn bonus points to be used for homework passes and such. Its all in good fun and the kids can see that.

I just enjoy telling them about outdoors topics and this is a good ice breaker to discuss Ohio wildlife.