Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

When do you get in the stand?

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Makes sense to me. The only issue is, what if the deer are coming through 2 hours before dark? Again, I think it all just depends on the area and the patterns of deer movement.

Totally agree. I envisioned this dude who wrote the article hunting a field edge or something. If you are hunting the middle of a hardwoods, there is no way you can follow this rule. Those deer can go through anytime.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Totally agree. I envisioned this dude who wrote the article hunting a field edge or something. If you are hunting the middle of a hardwoods, there is no way you can follow this rule. Those deer can go through anytime.

makes a huge difference. Last year I totally changed my game plan about getting to my stand. Used to walk down the main trail that snaked all through the woods. Last year I got smart, and walked through the back yard of the neighboring property, then slipped in the side of the woods. I only go through about 50yds of woods now compared to the 100 or so I used to. I see more deer now, and I have yet to spook a deer out.

Ricer2231

I usually try to get in there about 1/2 hour to 45 minutes before daylight and if I can't set for two hours in the evening I don't go. I am heading out for the first time this weekend with the cooler weather coming.