Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

TOO Live Hunt Log

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Saw a big doe and her yearling about 200 yds away in the pasture. Have a jungle about 40 yds to our east had one blow in there but never saw anything. Not sure if we got winded or they heard Austins stand pop. Gonna have to do something with his stand, it is popping almost every time he moves.

As far as what you guys know. :p

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Maybe you should start a " I know something " subforum....Bet it will have 100 New threads by season end. Lol....I didn't hunt this morning. Drove round and the property by my house has a few people on it . Probably hunt there tonight and try and kill a doe before they push em out onto surrounding no hunting property.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
A few guys here know the deer I'm talking about, but that cunt behind my parents busted me AGAIN! That has to be a dozen times in the past 3 seasons. My uncle asked me to shoot a young one if I could to make sausage with, so when they came through I made my move to shoot the small one. I didn't see the bitch had swung right of me and when I went to switch around the tree to shoot, she nailed me.

After snorting and being a pain, she circled me and damn near gave me a shot. That would have been satisfying to say the least!!!

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Two doe so far chasing each other around and not offering me a shot either time they ran by.... its like a NASCAR race with them two hahaha here's hoping for a pit stop in front of me lol....

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I can't wait to find out what everyone else knows...
I just woke up and am debating going out to hang a couple of stands. I don't have anyone to help, and had to bribe my daughter to tag along. She's in a mood so that may have to wait. May go fishing, and if I drag the boat out and find 'em, I'm starting my own "know something" thread!

Huckleberry Finn

A few guys here know the deer I'm talking about, but that cunt behind my parents busted me AGAIN! That has to be a dozen times in the past 3 seasons. My uncle asked me to shoot a young one if I could to make sausage with, so when they came through I made my move to shoot the small one. I didn't see the bitch had swung right of me and when I went to switch around the tree to shoot, she nailed me.

After snorting and being a pain, she circled me and damn near gave me a shot. That would have been satisfying to say the least!!!

Ha! I hate that bitch! What was it, 14 deer at 40 yards and coming closer and that's the bitch that busted me...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It has to be the same one because of he snort. It's different than most does. Much deeper and she drags it out. She was still snorting when I left at something different. She was never down wind of me, so I know it was movement that got her attention. I am making it my mission to kill her this weekend.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Just got up and I Haveta read, "I know something" already!!! Lol

Well guys! I see its been a while....... Wtf is it? Beener? He shot a fork horn?

Rotflmao

Sorry Chuck, J/K

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
All my permanent stands are set up for evening sits. I only had a couple hours this morning so I decided to leave the climber at home and just find a spot to sit. I loaded my pack with corn and apples and sat in a spot along the edge of a cut beanfield that gave me a decent view.
Bout a half hour after sunrise 3 does came out into the opposite side of the field from me. They worked their way toward me and to the right towards an inside corner of the field about 100 yards from me. I figure they would come in on the corner and work around toward me so I sat tight. About 45 minutes later I heard blowing behind me. They had worked around and caught me moving before I saw them.
After that I dumped the corn around in front of the stand I'm hunting tomorrow and called it a day. Was a great morning to be out.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I have acorns raining all around me and deer moving in two spots 100 yards out. Anyone who has hunted my ground blind knows its an intense hunt because deer come from all angles and you have to be on your A game at all times. It may be a short, or really long evening!!!

chetter74

had 2 bucks come thew in the AM a mall 4 or 6 and a nice 8 ( missed not once but twice don't want to talk about it ) , tonight had a small doe come threw about 5 no shot

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
It has to be the same one because of he snort. It's different than most does. Much deeper and she drags it out. She was still snorting when I left at something different. She was never down wind of me, so I know it was movement that got her attention. I am making it my mission to kill her this weekend.

Maybe you need to go mobile and catch her off guard! It could be since she has busted you guys there so often, that she knows what to look for and has pinpointed your permanent setups. Find you a new tree in a different direction, get up high, and bust her before she ruins everything out there!

Fellas, it sounds like you all had a pretty good day in the woods. I thank you for sharing your updates, as it makes it a little easier on me not being out there with ya! Keep the reports rolling in and I will do the same once I finally get a chance to get out there.