Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Finelysheddeds 2012-2013 Bowhunting Log

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Well, might as well kick this thread off with alittle prehunt info. I've been shooting my bow quite well out to 40 and have my hunting garb washed and smoked up and and sealed tote containers. I found my 2 either or deer permits that my wife moved on me back in June and everything is all set for the start of my season to begin. I still have 3 cams out working at this time. Two are within 50 yards of two of my 5 treestand locations and one is over a scrape that as of last week hasn't been hit yet. It is a great scrape located along a nice creek bottom that has gotten hit pretty hard over the last 3 years that I've hunted this farm. It is actually along a trail between other scrapes but seems to get tore up the most between the other ones. I will post pics and videos from these cameras and from my treestands throughout my season.

I want to wish everyone who reads or tags along with me this season, a safe and prosperous hunting season! Goodluck and hope you fill the freezers and your walls alittle more. FS, Ric.:smiley_coolpeace:

Here are some pics of me smoking my clothes with Shagbark limbs and bark.(love the smell of Hickory smoke)lol

Here is a pic of the stand I put back up in the rain this week that I'm going to hunt this weekend. It is only about 15 feet high for several reasons. Much higher would require much more pruning and that could alert the deer of my presence and I could also get skylined. I can shoot out to nearly 45 yards and just over the hill behind this stand the land drops off down into a creek bottom. With the predicted N-NE wind this weekend, if a shooter comes thru near where I am standing while taking this pic, then it just all up to me to make a perfect shot. I've got a score to settle with Bonehead, if he's still around.

I presently have no shooters on camera this past 3 months so I am going to be hunting on the fly and will have to hope I get some time to size up a potential shooter before I get into kill mode. lol

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Good luck this weekend Ric! And for the entire season as far as that goes!!! You are a magnet for big deer, so I have no doubts you'll have another good season!!!

Boone

*Supporting Member*
N.E. O-H-I-O
Good luck! You must be an acrobat to get into that stand. It looks like it has a good curve in it six feet below the platform, haha.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Good luck Bro! Apparently you haven't told everyone that your buck last year was pen raised.... Lol. Just kidding. I have got a good feeling about your season. Hope it pans out.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
good luck RIC... lol... seriously, i will be following your thread and i wish you and your bro the best. by the way, i am also looking into getting a scent smoker.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I won't be hunting in the morning but plan on being in my stand by 3 o'clock. I'll be checking in with everyone else here on TOO's website. I'll have my phone with me on vibrate so if anyone gets one or wants to text shoot me something. Goodluck TOOzers!

Gordo

Athens County
Enjoy yourself out there buddy! Lookin forward to checking in on this thread frequently!

Ive learned a bunch over the years from yours and others threads like this.

Good luck!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Ah........Finally sitting in my tree! I'm stoked, even if I don't see squat! Sweating like a whore in church but the wind is blowing great and I smell like a bonefire burning. I'll take some pics and post them later! Goodluck y'all!