Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Filming hunts

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
Anyone else film their hunts? I have been filming for 8 years now and truely have become addicted to it. Been using this setup for a few years now but had my arm dipped in predator camo last year to match everything else I own.

Canon XHA1, 3rd arm pro extreme, manfrotto 701hd head, manfrotto pro lanc controller. Just wish it was digital format on SD but still a great camera and lays amazing footage!

Gordo

Athens County
Awesome set up.

I'm afraid to even take a small digital camera with me, because I know I'll get hooked and soon after be throwing down some $$$ on a primo set up like that. One of these days.

I can't imagine having to haul more shit in and out of the woods either. But I'm sure it's worth it

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Diablo and I do a little hunting. We did have 2 little JVC's but we did what Gordo said and ended up upgrading lol. I'll post pics of out set up soon.

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
My best friend and I used to do it a ton. We've since stopped since I moved and we both only get a week to seriously hunt. I wanted to get a go pro just for me for S&G's this year, but funds aren't going to allow it and I'm not going to put it on the CC. One less thing to screw up my first chance at a P&Y anyway...

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
Yup, I use a Cannon HFS20 with a muddy outfitter arm (this year). For a little camera it lays down some awesome stuff. Full HD, only thing I wish it had was IR. The G10s have that feature and its sweet. I am buying the manfrotto 701HDV head this year to make things better. The fluid head that came with the old 3rd arm is not smooth at all and cheaply made, but does the job. I also have the Go Pro which is an amazing little camera and fun to use. I'll have that on my bow facing me. I really would like to get a second one to either put on the tree as a second angle, or down on the ground somewhere. My idea with that is to face it on the trail and hopefully get a close up of the shot. How cool would that be to have a camera on the ground looking up and watch the impact of the arrow into the boiler room and blood spray...That would be amazing!

badger

*Supporting Member*
I've done a little with an old High 8, but I would sure like to have a set up like yours though!

Here's video of a boar from south Texas I filmed quite awhile back. I ended up getting three shots that day, and recovered two of them. The other footage is pretty dark and grainy. This shot, the sound lags like an old KungFu movie!

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
I try and film every hunt. I upgraded last year from a Cannon GL2 to a Sony AX2000. I really like this camera a lot and hope to get some great footage this year. I have a small Cannon HV30 that I got for a second angle but I never seem to bring it out. If I have a trail camera pointing towards the spot where I think my shot will be I turn it to video also.

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio
I've done a little with an old High 8, but I would sure like to have a set up like yours though!

Here's video of a boar from south Texas I filmed quite awhile back. I ended up getting three shots that day, and recovered two of them. The other footage is pretty dark and grainy. This shot, the sound lags like an old KungFu movie!

Was this poopie day?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Panasonic TMD900 for me. Very little filming of hunts. Mainly scouting or for deer at a distance. Once they are in range the camera is in my pocket. I have an arm and the head Wayne mentioned but have yet to use it. Might need to on all day sits this year.

jeremy44230

Medina County
I would love to film, but ain't happening this year... I will start acquiring some equipment with high hopes of having a decent setup for next season. At least something to begin with and see how I like it...

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I would love too! I think next year is when I will start, this year I might try to get into but I need to buy a portable camera arm, and get very comfortbale with the camera before I am up in the tree and its beeping and shit.

Lundy

I started last year during the MZ season.

Found a camera on sale after the holidays that was rated very good in low light so I got it. Canon Vixia HMF40. Certainly not as elaborate as your setup, but it does shot GREAT in low light and records HD to SD cards, easy to use.

I was able to get some pretty good footage last year, at least I was happy with it for me, and I was able to record the kill shot on the buck I killed.

I am looking forward to a lot more video action this year, more than even pulling the trigger.