Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First bath...

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I see the light... In my Realtree AP. :smiley_clap:

I'm sure the Predator is great shit and I would make the change if I had the coin. But I have hundreds and hundreds of dollars in Realtree AP and Max 4 that I plan to wear until I can't anymore. My honest opinion is that your camo is the smallest part of the equation in terms of remaining undetected. If I did more spot and stalk hunting, or hunting from the ground more, I have no doubts it would be much better. But when I'm 25' up a tree, I don't think it really matters as long as you are clean and move slowly...

I agree with you, buddy... Just giving you a hard time. lol If the setup and cover is good enough, plenty of deer could be killed while wearing solid blaze orange up in the tree.

There are however plenty of instances when the perfect tree can't be found, or the elevations work against you, or the deer just plain like to look up in trees. IMO the more open patterns prevail when it comes to being up in a tree. That being said, I'm sure there are other scenarios where the more detailed patterns like AP or Breakup might have the advantage.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
If I were to buy new camo the stuff JBrown bought would be the top. Quality, fit and all the features I would want. And the price at Skeeter Creek is great.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348706102.582349.jpg

Tossed in the Bow Bat and Spot N Stalk along with the Muddy harness and bino harness to wash up tonight, then air out tomorrow and Friday. Damn if feels good!!!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Washing three loads of regular clothes in scent free soap this evening. Hunting clothes are tomorrow and will be hanging outside to air dry for the day.

Huckleberry Finn

I bought the Predator stuff not for the camo pattern, but for the quality and warmth. I can understand why you wouldn't want to switch to go to it, Jesse, but for someone without a pricy set looking to upgrade, I think it's unbeatable

I bought the Predator stuff not for the camo pattern, but for the quality and warmth. I can understand why you wouldn't want to switch to go to it, Jesse, but for someone without a pricy set looking to upgrade, I think it's unbeatable

Thats me I'm still hunting in Mossyoak breakup. lol It works pretty good but after 4 years of heavy use they are starting to wear out. I cant say I didn't get my money out of them though.