Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First Annual TOO Group Deer hunt.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I have yet to camp with Randy, that will make it all worth while. Did be say anything about bringing his boy? I would love for there to be a small group of guys Austins age to be there.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
He said he was going to see what he coud do to make the trip. I think he has a couple of buddies he was going to bring down. He usually doesn't travel far without Hunter...

Gordo

Athens County
I'll b dropping in at some point as I'm only about 10 minutes away. More then likely for a beer or two once you guys are settled in.

Looking forward to meeting some more of you guys and shooting the shit.

Like I said in an earlier thread, if there's ANYTHING I can do to lend a hand just let me know.

Who's all coming down that weekend before to do some scouting?

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I would love to get down and look around a bit, but I sorta doubt it will happen. Mason is pretty excited to get back down and sit the stand Mike and I set up, so maybe we'll find time to do it before the group hunt.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I should make it. May travel north for a duck hunt, but I'll play it by ear. Realistically with as many of you guys coming, my ass needs to be there to scout. I've decided I will not be hunting other than Friday morning. From that point forward, I'm there to track/drag/process deer, cook, relax, and guide the best I can. I'd like to help Mike with his boys, so my thought was to pick a place back in the area I like for me and one of his boys, then I can find 2-3-4 spots along that long walk in so I could drop people off in an area and let them pick a tree. We'll work on supplying some good maps after our trip. I've asked a good friend of mine to go with us and take his survey grade GPS and assist in making maps. He is a member here, but seldom posts. I've invited him to scout and hang out, so we may have some high quality mapage if he's in!!!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I should make it. May travel north for a duck hunt, but I'll play it by ear. Realistically with as many of you guys coming, my ass needs to be there to scout. I've decided I will not be hunting other than Friday morning. From that point forward, I'm there to track/drag/process deer, cook, relax, and guide the best I can. I'd like to help Mike with his boys, so my thought was to pick a place back in the area I like for me and one of his boys, then I can find 2-3-4 spots along that long walk in so I could drop people off in an area and let them pick a tree. We'll work on supplying some good maps after our trip. I've asked a good friend of mine to go with us and take his survey grade GPS and assist in making maps. He is a member here, but seldom posts. I've invited him to scout and hang out, so we may have some high quality mapage if he's in!!!

Me likey that plan!

swantucky

The Crew
Swanton, Ohio
Its looking better and better for me making the trip. I don't have the kids that weekend and the finances are looking pretty good for an extra trip. If Hunter's grades are where they should be he will be joining me but we won't leave until after school Friday. If his grades are not where they need to be I'll be coming down solo leaving at noon Friday.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Me and the boys are in a pickle. They have a flag football game that Saturday at 11:00. I'm going to ask them later on what they would rather do. If I know them well enough, Klay will choose the game and Kody will choose hunting. We shall see.

Brock, what's the link for the cabins again? I think if we do make it we will splurge on one. It would be alot easier for me to take care of all the stuff I will have to bring for 3 people.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Its looking better and better for me making the trip. I don't have the kids that weekend and the finances are looking pretty good for an extra trip. If Hunter's grades are where they should be he will be joining me but we won't leave until after school Friday. If his grades are not where they need to be I'll be coming down solo leaving at noon Friday.

Hellz yeah brother!!! :smiley_clap:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Me and the boys are in a pickle. They have a flag football game that Saturday at 11:00. I'm going to ask them later on what they would rather do. If I know them well enough, Klay will choose the game and Kody will choose hunting. We shall see.

Brock, what's the link for the cabins again? I think if we do make it we will splurge on one. It would be alot easier for me to take care of all the stuff I will have to bring for 3 people.

The cabins at the campground are booked. Mike's cabins are booked now as well. There may be others around, but I don't know what website to send you to... You may want to PM Mrex, maybe he knows of others around the area.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member

Bring your sign...:pickle:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
That's gonna be sweet! It would be even better if you have the mangled vehicle and crying female driver in the background. See if you can get that done!:)