Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First Annual TOO Group Deer hunt.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I plan on being there in the evenings to drink some beers and meet some TOOzers. With me getting roped into coaching my daughters 5th grade basketball team I won't be able to hunt Saturday morning.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
My list of things to bring include all the necessary camping items to survive three days of life and hunting in Athens County. I'll also be bringing firewood and will attempt to get enough for the entire weekend. I'll also be bringing stuff to prepare breakfast on Sunday morning before we all head out. My hopes was we could take a hind quarter of one of the deer killed and cook it in a metal trash can. My buddy does this and it is awesome! I'll have my deep fryer and will bring stuff for fries one night. I don't have much fish left, so I doubt I can really help with that. But if someone has some they want to bring, I can fry that up also. The grill I use to cook over the fire will also be with me...

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
My list of things to bring include all the necessary camping items to survive three days of life and hunting in Athens County. I'll also be bringing firewood and will attempt to get enough for the entire weekend. I'll also be bringing stuff to prepare breakfast on Sunday morning before we all head out. My hopes was we could take a hind quarter of one of the deer killed and cook it in a metal trash can. My buddy does this and it is awesome! I'll have my deep fryer and will bring stuff for fries one night. I don't have much fish left, so I doubt I can really help with that. But if someone has some they want to bring, I can fry that up also. The grill I use to cook over the fire will also be with me...

I have a giant roasting pan for that man. No need to consume heavy metals from galvanized trashcans. I'll bring it. :)

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I was really looking forward to this gathering... But unfortunately, I don't think I'm going to be able to make it. I just have too much crap going on every weekend from now until my trip to North Dakota. Best of luck to all the TOOzers attending, though... Looking forward to the stories and pics.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Sounds good. I'll bring the goods to doctor it up. Should have a problem putting that together for Saturday. I figured we should just eat to survive Thursday and Friday (burgers, dogs, brats, chips, etc.) then we could put on a big feed for Saturday night...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Sounds good. I'll bring the goods to doctor it up. Should have a problem putting that together for Saturday. I figured we should just eat to survive Thursday and Friday (burgers, dogs, brats, chips, etc.) then we could put on a big feed for Saturday night...

That was my thinking as well. If I eat big that means more dropping the kids off...

I will bring:

- a big thing of hotdogs.
- buns
- fixins (ketchup, mustard, hot pepper spread, onions, sauerkraut and relish)
- knives and sharpener
- a pie of some kind....you guys choose. Homemade...pecan, apple, cherry, pumpkin, coconut, blackberry, just about anything...maybe even strwberry rhubarb
- Bowl of beef and noodles.
- Plastic table for processing
- Sanitizer solution in a spray bottle
- Vacuum sealer and bags (if you wanna use the sealer pic up some bags as I won't have enough to cover everyone.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I figure I could make up a big pot of chili. I will have it made up and sit in the fridge and we could just cook it over a fire friday evening .

I figure I'll bring a couple loaves of pumpkin bread and some whip cream.

Last edited:

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I'll be in a tent with a queen sized air mattress and a zero degree mummy bag with memory foam in the bottom. I also have a big buddy heater. I may be a young bull, but I know how to bring the swag!!!

Fixin' it for ya -
I'll be in a tent with a queer sized air mattress and a zero turn hummer bag with memory foam in my bottom. I also have a big butt. I may be a young bull, but I know how to bring the swish!!!

rotflmao I crack me up

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Fixin' it for ya -
I'll be in a tent with a queer sized air mattress and a zero turn hummer bag with memory foam in my bottom. I also have a big butt. I may be a young bull, but I know how to bring the swish!!!

rotflmao I crack me up

lmao

If I have memory foam in my butt, I use don't want a sleeping bag made of the same shit. Literally.