Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Opening day weather

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well the low friday night into saturday is forecasted for 49 up here in columbiana county with a high of 70 for the day then back down in the upper 40's saturday night and 70's sunday with a 30% chance of rain showers..... It's getting close ladies and gentlemen...... :pickle:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I hope that's what we get. Two years ago, we had a similar situation with the crops coming off early and our lil oak tree bringing in deer from all around. Mason and I saw 9 that evening, and he was very close to getting a shot at a really good buck. It was an exciting night, very cool and lots of deer around. I really hope we have a similar opening day this year!

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Our season also opens on Saturday. I was drawn for the opener in Zone 1 at Letterkenny Army Depot. Zone 1 is the ammunition magazine storage area. Active duty get all the dates they apply for so it was pretty much a sure thing for me to get drawn. Anyway, the average age deer in Zone 1 is 4.5 years old. I've been told that seeing a 130 inch deer is very likely and that last year they killed to 170 class bucks. I'll let you know how it goes though.

The bad thing is I have to be there around 0330. It's an hour drive too.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
Supposed to be north winds around 6mph with gusts up to 16. Sat night will be switching to the NE... And that works out perfect at the honey hole...