Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Wal Mart Scent Smoker Wood

Buckmaster

Portage
I was at Wally Mart and had a spending spree today to get ready the cabin staples and supplies all loaded up for the season. I'm $ 271.00 lighter in the wallet now but made this interesting find.

I had visions of my scent smoker while cruising through the isles. "I need some wood chips", I thought. So off the the BBQ section. All they had left was Mesquite and Pecan. "Damn", out of Hickory. So Pecan it was. If it doesn't work in the deer woods it will certainly work in my smoke house.

Here it is......maybe I'll smell a little nutty this year.

Attachments

• Pecan.jpg
    Pecan.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 114

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Cant imagine why it wouldn't work. I do think you'll be the first I know of to try pecan. It will be interesting to see how it works for you! Good choice btw, mesquite stinks!

Buckmaster

Portage
I can see squirrels dry humping your leg in the stand.

I was hoping for a twenty something, 105# homo sapien female, attractive, and dressed in camo.

My friend Scott has seen this phenomenon once before at my camp. This girl on all fours in the middle of a four wheeler trail mid afternoon "doing what?"; he couldn't determine. Scott was in his treestand above. She had no clue he was there. The girl showed up at my camp hours later after dark, LOST. I guess her boyfriend and her were out 4 wheeler riding, were drunk, got in a fight, so he dropped her off like a stray pup and left.
We'll see how this season plays out. I'm not that lucky.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I was hoping for a twenty something, 105# homo sapien female, attractive, and dressed in camo.

My friend Scott has seen this phenomenon once before at my camp. This girl on all fours in the middle of a four wheeler trail mid afternoon "doing what?"; he couldn't determine. Scott was in his treestand above. She had no clue he was there. The girl showed up at my camp hours later after dark, LOST. I guess her boyfriend and her were out 4 wheeler riding, were drunk, got in a fight, so he dropped her off like a stray pup and left.
We'll see how this season plays out. I'm not that lucky.

Can't believe he didn't get down for "A Closer Look" at what was going on?...LOL.... Drunk, Mad and On All Fours sounds like an invite........rotflmao