Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Acorns...

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
How does your area look. Mine have dropped a good portion already, Seems like a good crop from red, whites and pins.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Whites are few and far between around here, but most of the reds are packing. I doubt there are enough to last through October though. But some is better than none like last year...

at1010

*Supporting Member*
I have found that it totally varies depending on the farm I am hunting. I was at one farm in Athens....Loaded with acorns, my place does not have nearly the amount that we had two years ago, but still a decent amount. This is up in Noble county.

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
There was a bunch on the ground the other day when I was out. I did not make it to all my places though.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Ton of Reds around the house, but a lot of them are very small. Found a couple whites that are producing, including one killer white!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Haven't been in the woods to look. Stands are hung. Cameras have been checked. Have some dropping at my property which i know because I am still in there doing work on the tree house. Not like last year, but have some dropping. Too bad this isn't really a go to hunting spot this year.

SE Ohio the reds and blacks seem to have a lot of acorns on them this year, a lot of cuttings under them as well which means tree rat haven for me. The whites were harder to find but the one's we did looked pretty good. All the acorns found were fully developed and looked great.