Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Corn and Apple Prices

DJK Frank 16

Supporting Member
Hardin County
Thanks Rick. I have an old fruit cellar. Might need to clear the cob webs and put it to use. I think Drake saw it one year when he was helping us out. He came back to the shop and there were tornado warnings. We ducked in there until they passed. lol

Yep that would be a great spot to store them I would think.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Bulk is the best price on shelled corn. I heat my house with a corn burner for last 12 yrs.
I take the pickup to the feed grainery with a 12x12 tarp in the truck bed and have them fill it up. A 3/4 ton pickup will hold 3000 lbs with a slight heap on the pile. The tarp makes for a easy cleanout. I store it in 30 gal. lidded plastic barrels.
Works for me.
Frank

Stonegod

Bulk is the best price on shelled corn. I heat my house with a corn burner for last 12 yrs.
I take the pickup to the feed grainery with a 12x12 tarp in the truck bed and have them fill it up. A 3/4 ton pickup will hold 3000 lbs with a slight heap on the pile. The tarp makes for a easy cleanout. I store it in 30 gal. lidded plastic barrels.
Works for me.
Frank

How long will a truck load heat your home during an average winter? What's a 3000lb load cost?

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Gotta cosign Cotty's remark about the Pumpkins. We chopped up 6 large pumpkins last week and put them out in 4 different spots. There was virtually no sign of any pumpkin or seeds left at any of the spots. Picked up a whole truck load this week, so we should have some happy deer for a few weeks.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
TOO anyone around Mahoning/Columbiana counties I'll make you a heck of a deal on pumpkins after next weekend.

Going to work on a guy around the corner today (1/4 mile) for pumpkins.......If no deal from him, may be making a road trip. Got enough for a pickup and trailer load?