Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Hunting Bag / Pack

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
I have an old, couldnt even tell you the brand, backpack. When i first got it, it had a liner in it that "crackled" when it got cold, so I tore that out. One of the shoulder straps broke in the spring from using it to carry about 30 pounds of corn. I half ass fixed that (might get some thread and fix it right today) Seems like it is due to be replaced but I like it. It has a relatively large main compartment, (binocs, rangefinder, bow holder, pull rope and themacell in the early season.) with 2 smaller compartment in front of it. (one holds my paperwork and an assortment of different sized plastic bags, the other holds my knife, saw, flashlight, a leatherman multitool, and a small firstaid kit.) It also has 2 small pockets on the sides (flask in one, grunt tube in the other)
What i really like about it is the 2 straps on either side of it. They are supposed to be used to adjust the depth of the main compartment, but I have figured out that if I wrap them around the frame of my climber, i can pack in my stand and pack at the same time.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
I try to carry the smallest pack I have because if its bigger I will carry more crap I really dont need! I think I'm gonna try Joe's approach this year, would be nice not to have to worry about carrying a pack

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Never used a backpack unless it was an all day sit and I wanted to carry food and drink. I love my Primos bow vest but it had seen better days. I busted most the zippers and tore it up over the years. This year I bought the HSS hybrid safety vest with 6 pockets. With the extra pockets in my coat and my safety vest I can comfortably carry everything I could possibly need and then some

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
Here's my day pack.

$(KGrHqN,!l8E-i+8cPhlBQD5fFHhi!~~60_35.JPG

Ohio bow and gun season a messager/shoulder bag like huck.
Ohio Muzzleloader season a skunk hide possibles bag I made. If your hunting with a muzzleloader with a barrel made by famous Ohio gun maker Bill Large you have to dress the part.
Washington big game Eberlestock Little Brother Pack.

Last edited: